Movement Macro like LightJockey 2 has/had

post here general topics for software

Movement Macro like LightJockey 2 has/had

Postby BriMan83 » 08 April 2024, 16:39

It's been a few years since I used LJ2, so this could have changed since I last used it.

They had a function for the moving heads called a movement macro where you could would set the light to aim at the center point of where you wanted it, select a simple movement macro (such as move in a circle), and then adjust the X and Y range of movement so it only moved in a circle/oval in the area you wanted it. So for things like a basic dance or concert setup, you could quickly get moving heads lights just moving in a simple pattern around the room without have to program in all the intermediate steps. It was literally "spin in a circle around this point". Dows ShowXpress have a feature like this, or has this been moved more into a feature on the lights themselves where you just set one of the channels to a specific value to make this happen. I usually work with Jmaz Fantastic Hybrid 150 and the Jmaz Pixl Tron 740Z if that has any effect on this.
BriMan83

Re: Movement Macro like LightJockey 2 has/had

Postby support » 09 April 2024, 07:52

Our new software "VII" ( https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =75&t=7140 ) has this function (see the video "keypoint - relative scene" in the forum for VII.
(the new software VII is presently available only in ALPHA version)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software