Still developing ?

post here general topics for software

Re: Still developing ?

Postby support » 03 September 2021, 07:50

Le prisme est mis de coté pour l'instant, mais il n'est pas abandonné.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Gilles » 07 September 2021, 15:03

Ok merci.
Gilles

Postby DeeStage » 10 September 2021, 18:02

Is it still possible to release V10 till end of Summer ?
I can't wait to use the new features I'm waiting for.

Good Luck to all developers !
DeeStage

Postby livetechproductions » 03 February 2022, 09:16

With the chip shortages slowly getting better and better and the fact countries are opening up one-by-one with live-events as a result, I'm very curious if there is any update on the new version.
I think a lot of current users are desperately waiting for this and waiting to long will lose the momentum and will cost you customers, at least that's how I see it.

Very looking forward to the new version as I really like the way QuickDMX is fitting in my workflow (and doesn't have an annual/monthly subscription based license!).
livetechproductions

Postby support » 03 February 2022, 16:06

With the chip shortages slowly getting better and better

Could you please tell us where you see that ?
Are you able to buy the models of Ford & General Motors cars which are not available for months ?
Are you able to buy a Sony PS5, some recent NVidia video cards, a Raspberry Pi 4 ?
Are you even able to get an availability date from their distributors ?
They all even do not guarantee stock for Christmas 2022.
So could you please tell us for which chip / product is the situation getting better ?

Will cost you customers

This is already the case.
We are not able to satisfy 100% of the demand.
If we introduce a new version now, the demand will become higher and we could not sell more. Moreover we will miss the period of boosted sales which will follow to the new version.

FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =75&t=7140
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 03 February 2022, 23:00

livetechproductions wrote:With the chip shortages slowly getting better and better

Yeah gonna have to disagree with you there mate. Nowhere near out of the worst of it yet. I've got gear for my workplace that I've ordered back in August that still has not arrived. There are shortages of all Behringer equipment in our entire country, and ETAs of when they will next be in are in limbo. Crestron equipment has a wait time of 5 months. etc etc.

That's not to mention the huge increase in shipping costs out of China (where basically everything is manufactured). I've seen individual lighting fixtures jump up in price by up to $500 as a result. Even if you're buying expensive fixtures out of Italy like Clay Paky, likely there will still be some components coming from China so it has flow on effects to the entire industry.
SeekLighting

Postby livetechproductions » 07 February 2022, 14:14

Sorry for asking and for my, apparently, wrong view on the chip shortage situation.

Well, hoping the best for the new version and will keep an eye on any news concerning this.
I did look into alternatives but so far QuickDMX is fitting my workflow best and I find the software easy to use.
livetechproductions

Postby Gilles » 11 June 2022, 16:23

Bonjour,

Peut-on espérer avoir une évolution du rendu 3D, a savoir le rendu du wash, prisme 3 et 5 facettes, car aujourd'hui in retrouve pas mal de lyres beam/spot 3 en 1.
Pour construire un show en 3d et gagner du temps, cela serait un vrai plus.

Bonne journée à vous.
Gilles
Gilles

Postby support » 12 June 2022, 18:31

Bonjour,

Oui, la restitution 3D est bien améliorée, principalement concernant la gestion des ressources du moteur 3D des cartes graphiques actuelles.
Elle prend en compte la gestion wash/beam/spot pour chaque appareil, chose nécessaire avec les projecteurs asservis actuels.
En revanche, le prisme n'est toujours pas géré pour l'instant, mais on y pense.
Il y a aussi d'autres nouvelles fonctions sympas, mais on ne peut pas les divulguer pour l'instant.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Gilles » 13 June 2022, 12:17

Ok, merci pour la réponse, vraiment dommage pour le prisme, hâte de voir la nouvelle version.
Gilles

Previous

Return to General software