MacOS - Sync problem [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Re: Timeline Sync/editing and playback with MP3

Postby mrchacha100 » 16 November 2023, 18:08

Did this assist you with your diagnosis?

Best regards
mrchacha100

Postby support » 20 November 2023, 09:58

In your video, it looks like with some starting points the sync is not ok, while with some other starting points the sync is ok.
We will check that.
In the meantime, please spot the problematic points and do not use them. Luckely it works with some other points. This is not perfect but this at least allows you to program the timeline without having to restart from time zero.
FYI, we tried the coming future new software with your audio file and we did not see this problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 21 November 2023, 13:38

Thanks for the reply. There is no way to predict where this is going to happen. It doesn't happen in a consistent fashion. So you cannot use this software for timeline based synchronisation programming. And with the examples I gave you it is very clear when the audio becomes unsynced but with many of our other shows with much more complicated generators, pixels and scenes switching on and off this is not acceptable.

I guess the next question is whether you will try to fix this problem in your current software and if not, when we can expect at least an alpha of a new version to test. If, like you say, the audio timing is correct but you think that it is not ready for live shows, then can we program and then transfer the files to an older stable version?

Having just advised my company to purchase even more of your dongles I am incredibly worried that you are not going to spend the time to fix this even after starting this thread many months ago.

Please advise something other than "be aware that the problem exists" that I can use so that I can continue to deploy you software in all our venues.

We are starting more of our technicians on the path of using your software but they cannot use a timeline feature that does not keep sync.

Please, please, please don't abandon your customers and help me find a solution to the mission critical need!

Kindest regards
mrchacha100

Postby support » 26 November 2023, 18:33

We have to find some time for that, but not easy to standby the development of the new software for that considering the high pressure to release it.

FYI, we tested out of curiosity on Windows10 and it works perfectly on this system.
The video of the test is here: https://youtu.be/mkW1CW7sOTE
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 27 November 2023, 13:55

Thank you for your reply.

The windows test is interesting as at the beginning of all this, months ago, I tested this on a PC we had access to and it had the same problems. I would think that this has been fixed in one of your updates. It would be nice to know what changed this...maybe it would help you diagnose the issue on mac. Unfortunately we cannot now provide PCs for all our technicians after purchasing macs for all our theatres.

I understand you have commitments to keep regarding updating your software but speaking as one of your most loyal and patient customers I feel that the software you leave behind must operate to its fullest.

LD's are not going to update mission critical programs to your latest version until we are sure that everything works perfect so will probably stay on version 9 for many months...(How many people still use MA 1 and 2 even though 3 is released?) And I'm sure with your next release will have issues that you will need to focus on so maybe this is one of the last major issues left to fix with V9.

I don't know how your new version is compiled but there must be some compatibility with previous versions and if the audio engine is stable, can you not implement this in V9 for the time being?

I hope you can find time to fix this after all this time and don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see your new software...but only when the original is still an option to work with!

Kind regards
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 06 December 2023, 10:28

Hello.

Did you find some time to investigate the problem?

Best regards
mrchacha100

Postby support » 06 December 2023, 15:03

We are now 90% sure the problem comes from MacOS Cocoa Quicktime X, because it works well with the old MacOS Quicktime (not Quicktime X).
We have now to check how to fix this problem.
Not easy because this looks like a MacOS problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 07 December 2023, 10:28

Thanks for the reply.

This is good that you have narrowed it down. If you need any testing, please let me know!

Best regards
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 13 December 2023, 09:33

Any progress on finding a solution?

Regards
mrchacha100

Postby support » 20 December 2023, 11:18

We will work on this in the coming days.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Live - TimeLine