Wave file not in sync with lightscenes

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Wave file not in sync with lightscenes

Postby fasttimes » 16 March 2021, 18:32

I would like to build light scenes around a wavefile but when I do this the timing from what I see on wavefile is way off (about half beat) when playing light scenes. In fact when playing from red marker or green marker both are off time but not by the same amount. Very frustrating. Also when I create a button and start song from a button that is off as well but by a different amount than either the red and green marker. So all three are off by different amounts. Super strange! I did see this issue on chat board but didn't see if this issue was resolved. Not sure why anyone would upload a wavefile into showxpress unless they need it to be in time with light scenes they created. There has to be a solution. Please help.
Windows 10 64bit computer.
fasttimes

Re: Wave file not in sync with lightscenes

Postby support » 16 March 2021, 22:35

The reason of the difference when starting a song from a button is the sound file has to be downloaded (our software does not know what will be the next song)
TimeLine is not perfect in sync.
Please read this for best sync: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =73&t=6240
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby butlerray » 24 June 2022, 19:02

So basically this issue is not and will not be resolved. I wish I knew
that before purchasing your product. Syncing with timeline was
the only reason I bought Showxpress.
butlerray

Postby support » 25 June 2022, 14:09

We are fully transparent. All is said here in the top head threads: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewforum.php?f=73

That said, once the media file has been uploaded by our software, the sync does not change.
The problem is when you trigger another timeline with another media file. With one click on a button, our software has to download a file which can be a few giga bytes size. Not easy to straight run the lights and the media with a perfect sync.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine