Video not playing during Live [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Video not playing during Live [fixed]

Postby Pauluzzz » 30 July 2019, 18:26

That was rather embarrasing last weekend, I had the whole scenario set up and the lights would work just fine but the video failed on me. Eventually I had to trigger each song manually. What I had done, I have created a timeline for each song in my listing and along with each song I have added a video with the lyrics. These are displayed using the video channel on video screens and on a big proyector. I then added per timeline a macro associated to a button and I then let the show run automatically. But now I faced suddenly a problem that the video is not displaying. The ScreenControl shows, but without showing the video. Unfortunately, this appaers to be randomn, because if i click a couple of times, it may start. I may have 9 or 10 songs that work fine, but then it stops showing, black screen and restaring the whole thing does not fix it either, I have tried again the last two days, and indeed altough random, the problem persists. I never had this problem when I worked the timeline itself. What can I share to trouble shoot this behaviour?
Last edited by Pauluzzz on 01 August 2019, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
Pauluzzz

Re: Video not playing during Live

Postby support » 30 July 2019, 21:05

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Niffo » 31 July 2019, 17:10

May be a renderer problem too, you can try to force another renderer in "ScreenControl" parameters
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pauluzzz » 31 July 2019, 18:03

Indeed, uninstalling my codecs and installing the suggested K-Lite pack fixed this issue. Now I can click my way around the macros and they all play the timeline with the associated video without hesitation. Let's try again coming Saturday. Thanks! (also to @Niffo for picking up on this).
Pauluzzz

Return to Live - TimeLine