Volume Levelling [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Volume Levelling [fixed]

Postby DWard84 » 05 June 2018, 14:20

Hi all,
I'm brand new to this forum, but I've been using Showxpress for a while.
I'm wanting to know if it's at all possible to level/alter the volume of audio tracks and videos once they've been put into a timeline?
The reason I ask is because I've taken a track that I was already using in a timeline, and wanted to give it some extra oompf,
but when ive put the new increased volume track into the timeline the output volume is actually lower than that of the original.
I hope that makes sense.
Is there an adiop gain/clipper that i don't know about that might be causing it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
David
DWard84

Re: Volume Levelling

Postby support » 05 June 2018, 15:02

With the popup menu "Properties" (right click over the timeline), you can adjust the volume.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DWard84 » 05 June 2018, 18:43

Thank you, I can't believe I missed that! :D
Although, I don't suppose there is a way to increase the volume, as the method above will only allow for the levelling to make all tracks the same
as the quietest track in the timeline. Not that I'm complaining 'cos this has helped massively!
DWard84

Postby Luc Henrion » 06 June 2018, 06:20

Best bet is to "normalize" your files in an external program. Once you reached the 0 dBFS level, you can always lower your media file level, but most media players (including Sweetlight) will not allow boosting. If you still need more "oompf" you need to apply compression - audio compression of course, not file compression! - and/or limiting.
In case you're using Windows, I'd like to inform you that Cakewalk - former SONAR - is now completely FREE. It's a very capable and complete DAW, that was costing about 400 € and more... Amazing ! 8-)
https://cakewalk.bandlab.com/
Luc Henrion

Postby DWard84 » 07 June 2018, 12:11

Thank you Luc this has helped loads! Cheers man.
DWard84

Return to Live - TimeLine