Video Playback

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Re: Video Playback

Postby support » 22 March 2018, 22:25

So please try with our software, with all different settings for the "rendering" in ScreenControl (menu "Properties"), and let us know the result.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Luc Henrion » 23 March 2018, 07:56

I don't know exactly how it goes "under the hood", but my experience in sound cedec's is similar to this: the Windows Media Player plays almost everything while other software won't, even very respected professional ones (Sony Vegas, Steinberg Wavelab & Cubase to name a few). I recently received an "mp3" file (+/- 4 MB) that only WMP could play... ???
I suspect that some video codec's might have the same issue.
Luc Henrion

Postby support » 23 March 2018, 11:26

Thank you for this feedback.

Yes, there is no rules for media file coding, so this is indeed not easy for us to handle that.
We just added this to clarify our situation: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=7&t=5546
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby nicklmao » 23 March 2018, 11:41

support wrote:So please try with our software, with all different settings for the "rendering" in ScreenControl (menu "Properties"), and let us know the result.

Thank you. Yes, I tried this before I posted. Changing the Video Renderer setting tends to make the file not play AT ALL. Whereas if I leave it on AUTO it plays, but only when the window is on the same screen as the showxpress software.

Looking into directshow I see that mpeg2 and mp4 are not supported by default and will require additional filters/codecs.

For me, the easiest solution is to change my media to .wmv :D
nicklmao

Postby Luc Henrion » 23 March 2018, 12:22

In my personal case, I solved a lot of codec problems by installing this (free) pack:
https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Certainly worth a try.
Luc Henrion

Postby nicklmao » 23 March 2018, 12:32

Thank you Luc. I installed the k-lite codec pack a few years ago and CAUSED a lot of problems! :lol: There's a fair bit of debate online about codec packs, but I think the consensus is it's less than ideal. Great that it worked for you, but I woudn't do it again.
nicklmao

Postby Luc Henrion » 23 March 2018, 15:35

You're 100% right. Actually, I have a collection of laptops (8 currently: XP, WIn7, WIn8, WIn10 - no Vista, NO! - , the oldest one is 12 years old but still running fine!) and on most of them the pack caused no trouble but on two of them (Win7), it was problematic indeed. In doubt, just create a "restore system point" before installing. A very good habit, by the way ;)
Luc Henrion

Previous

Return to Live - TimeLine