Fade to active scene at end of timeline

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Fade to active scene at end of timeline

Postby 3toucans » 22 February 2018, 00:05

I've been having so much fun with ShowXpress - using it for both live music performances as well as to control the lighting and audio in my home tiki bar.

One thing I have not yet been able to work out is how to smoothly transition back to the light settings from before I ran a particular timeline.

Example:
I have different base lighting depending on what I am doing. At the end of the timeline there is a big jump from the end of the timeline back to the base scenes that are enabled. This can be very jarring.

One fix that has worked for the live music performances is to end a timeline with the steps scene(s) that I always turn on first for the show. But this isn't always the best option.

The trickier part is for the tiki bar. I have different lights that cycle through patterns - say for example a lighted fishing float that has an RGB element (only 3 chanels, no master fader) inside. This light cycles through a static pattern of fade up for one second, stay on for a minute, and fade out for 1 second. It cycles through this same pattern for each of the main colors (R/G/B).

Timelines, and steps scenes, fade absolutely beautifully at the start.

The problem is that when my timeline or scene ends I have no idea where in the cycle this light is going to be, so I can't just put a fade up to R at the end like I do with my live music performance shows. I also don't even know if the float light is going to actually be on or not.

I've tried using the fade out feature on the button but that just fades out the timeline and once the end is reached then the globe light "jumps" back on to whatever point in the loop that it is currently in. This really breaks the mood in a dark tiki bar. :)

Is there a way that I have missed to fade out the end of a scene and have the underlying scenes pick back up without the observable "jump"?

Thanks in advance for any tips. I've spent quite a bit of time researching and have not yet found the answer I think I am searching for.
3toucans

Re: Fade to active scene at end of timeline

Postby support » 22 February 2018, 20:05

Sorry but this is not possible.
As workaround we suggest you to leave one "default" static scene on (in another button), and to end all timelines with the same scene.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby 3toucans » 24 February 2018, 07:18

Was worried that this would be the answer - but just covering all of my bases.

That is too bad though. Would be a nice feature.
3toucans

Postby support » 24 February 2018, 07:47

We understand that.
It is noted already.
FYI, if it were easy to do, it would be already done.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine