receiving mulitple midi notes in one time line?

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

receiving mulitple midi notes in one time line?

Postby djjer » 16 January 2018, 03:17

I built an hour lighting show for a companies trade show booth for this weekend. They are using Q-lab to send me a midi note to start the timeline. Since we are not running the audio or video in Showxpress we want to have a fail safe option if we need to resync the timeline to the track and video again.

For the show to run for an hour straight we understand that it might get off even a little bit which can make a huge difference with lighting cues. Can we set an additional midi not or cue about 15 minutes in, 30 minutes, and 40 minutes? Is that what time stamp does, because I can seem to see why we would need time stamp.

Please let me know so I can make sure I take care of my clients worries. Thank you so much!!
djjer

Re: receiving mulitple midi notes in one time line?

Postby support » 16 January 2018, 18:54

We suggest you to:
- split the big timeline in several smaller timelines
- trigger them with butons in "Live buttons"
- trgger the buttons with midi messages
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djjer » 17 January 2018, 02:54

The only problem is there is a delay from the time you trigger the button "timeline" because it has to load the entire time line which sometimes takes 4 seconds but it isn't consistent. Thoughts?
djjer

Postby JohnRichards » 17 January 2018, 06:07

My experience is that the delay in loading the timeline only occurs if you have the waveform display on.
John
JohnRichards

Postby Luc Henrion » 17 January 2018, 08:02

If you're not using audio or video files in the timeline, it would be possible to use live buttons only instead of a timeline or is it too complicated for your show ? I don't experience any delay with live buttons triggered via MIDI.
Luc Henrion

Postby djjer » 18 January 2018, 14:39

The show we have programmed is very complex and has multiple layers. I will be running it without the audio file since Qlab will be playing the audio and video files separate. There is no way to build the show in steps etc. We are using about ten layers of timeline with very detailed cues and chases from generator.
djjer

Postby support » 18 January 2018, 18:58

Please uncheck the option main menu "Preferences" > tab "Main" > option "Do not preload Live scenes", and let us know the result.

BTW, if possible, please post a link to download your lightshow (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=168). We will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djjer » 19 January 2018, 04:17

I am sending the files via email right now.

Thanks and please keep me posted. I did try to check the "don't preload in Live" but that didn't seem to make any difference.
djjer

Postby support » 19 January 2018, 11:59

We need your complete lightshow.
Please read this to know how to proceed: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=168
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine