Playing Intro music and click tracks at the same time.

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Playing Intro music and click tracks at the same time.

Postby SouthTownPro » 01 August 2017, 11:50

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible or not but I need to ask so i'll know. I'm working with a band to set up their light show for an upcoming concert. I'm programming all the lights to the music and they are gonna have a click track for the drummer. My question is, since i'm programming all of this through showxpress, is there a way for me to play the intro music through the show and have the click track play at the same time on a separate channel simultaneously? They are gonna have in ear monitors for the drummer and that's going to be separate from what's going to play on the house speakers. Thanks in advanced. :)
SouthTownPro

Re: Playing Intro music and click tracks at the same time.

Postby support » 01 August 2017, 13:47

FYI, there is only one track for audio in TimeLine.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Lighter007 » 01 August 2017, 14:15

The only (dirty) way would be to split the left and right channel and replace one channel with the click. But you wont have Stereo sound anymore.

Lighter007
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby Luc Henrion » 01 August 2017, 18:08

another (more difficult I admit) solution would be to use a time code (LTC) as an audio file, and, from there to sync any DAW on another (or the same?) PC... But of course you need an audio interface that's able to read an LTC (some MOTU interfaces for example). It sounds "old school" but it works
Luc Henrion

Postby pogjack » 01 August 2017, 20:04

I've done this before for dramas. You can make a blank video with the click track and play the video file along with the audio file. It worked great for me to have background music then throw in sound effects with the blank video file.

Make sure you put each on a left and right channels to separate the audio as stated above but you can have separate control of each.
pogjack

Postby Luc Henrion » 02 August 2017, 11:47

But of course if we had some "MTC" available, that would be sooooo nice ! ;)
Luc Henrion

Return to Live - TimeLine