timeline not staying in sync with video

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Re: timeline not staying in sync with video

Postby Ghostfeeder » 07 July 2016, 04:08

I'd love to be able to reproduce it, but it's never the same twice. Not to mention, my light shows aren't "simple." If, as previously explained, it's all dependent on what the CPU is doing at the time, then it's just a matter of luck as to when things do and do not line up accurately.

I have been using this software for years. I have used it on three different computers. One was a jacked up, powerful editing PC, one was an Apple MacBook, and the one I am currently using is a dedicated PC laptop that is used exclusively to run my light shows and does NOTHING else. No anti-virus, no updates, no internet, no other programs. Every one of these systems had the same syncing issues crop up.

The closest I have come to a "fix" for this is to make sure there is a second of silence at the beginning of my audio WAV files. In that brief silence I put a little "pause" block so the timeline stops while technically "playing" the WAV. For some reason, starting the file and then pausing and restarting it seems to (usually) minimize the occurrence of out-of-sync operation. I assume it's because the program and the CPU have a brief moment to kind of "catch up" to one another. Just a guess though.

It seems like a silly workaround for a program that's supposed to just work but, really, there aren't any other alternatives to it. Maybe that's why it's a bit rough around the edges.
Ghostfeeder

Postby jmilkey » 23 August 2017, 02:42

I have the same lag issue with the DMX with just audio....
the lights fall farther and farther behind the audio...by the end of the 4 min song....the lights aren't even close.

Its like I have the old drunk light guy working for me again.... : )

I would think Chauvet would be quite worried about this problem. To me this represents false advertising and could be considered fraud.
This is especially true when the Support team answers with...well it doesn't really work. If you want something that works you need to go buy a Pro System....
WTF?
jmilkey

Postby support » 23 August 2017, 08:58

We ask each time "please post a download link of your lighshow plus the media file, and we will check that", and nobody posted it !!!

So again, please post a download link of your lighshow plus the media file, and we will check that.
And of course, because we do not have your lighting equipment, please add a special scene for us at the end of the lightshow (if the problem is a delay at the end of the lightshow), which for instance put the all dmx channels at 100%. Like this, we could easily see the delay with the dmx bagraph.

If you do not post anything, we will not progress.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 29 August 2017, 07:48

We do not really understand why nobody wants to post his lightshow, but just in case of you are worried with confidentiality, we guaranty that we will keep your files inside our company, and if you ask for it, we will delete them after we have checked (fixed) the problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 30 August 2017, 16:24

We just made a new test with an old Macbook (year 2009 with processor Core 2 Duo) and our software version V8.
There is one button in Live Button to trigger a timeline.
The timeline contains:
- 1 song (12 minutes ; 44100Hz stereo ; and of course WAV file)
- 1 scene moving some channels always running (in order to always force the communication with the dmx interface)
- 1 scene with a flash approximately 10s before the end of the song, at the special part of the song (in order to easily see if there is a lag between the flash and the audio)

We pressed a few times the button in Live Buttons, and we waited until the end of the song to see if the flash still matches with the audio, and we do not see any lag (which means perfect with our eyes & ears).

There should be something different in your setup.
(other running tasks, much longer audio file, compressed file (not .wav), ...)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JohnRichards » 30 August 2017, 21:37

I have only experienced a lag in the timeline if the Waveform is visible.
As soon as I disable the waveform view the syncs are perfect.
John
JohnRichards

Postby Luc Henrion » 31 August 2017, 07:27

That would point to your graphic card... what model is it?
Luc Henrion

Postby support » 12 September 2017, 07:03

We close temporarily this topic until somebody gives us his lightshow + media file which occur the problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Live - TimeLine