timeline not staying in sync with video

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Re: timeline not staying in sync with video

Postby Bob_be » 22 May 2016, 23:57

I've also had problems with the timeline after upgrading to V8, the Light Scene would take longer to run than the song to finish. It worked fine in V7. I've timed the Light Scene in Steps (where I created it) and ran a timer on my phone. The 4 min Light Scene, in ShowXpress would time out at 4 mins. On my phone it showed 4:15.

I was wondering if anybody else could run a external timer on their Light Scenes to see if they are having the same issue. This might be the cause of the Timeline issues. Just a thought.
Bob_be

Postby support » 23 May 2016, 07:12

@ Bob_be
Please do not double post in this topic which concerns V7.
Please read your original post ; we are still waiting for your lightshow to check it.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4347
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Bob_be » 23 May 2016, 21:17

Private message sent.
Bob_be

Postby bshoc » 09 June 2016, 01:38

Okay, I am still doing tests on this trying to figure out a way to keep my lights in sync with the audio and video. One thing that I have found that seems to help a little is to separate my video and audio, run a video file AND an audio file (WAV)...

I decided to do some tests on a much order MAC computer just to see what happens, and there is MUCH MORE lag and off timing. I'm attaching a picture of the specs on both computers. Computer 2 is the one that is "almost" on time, Computer 1 is the older computer and is way off. I'm going to be purchasing a new MAC for Show Xpress and want to make sure I have the best specs for this issue... Can you tell me what is causing the major lag difference between the 2 computers?
1) Memory?
2) Processor?
3) Flash Storage vs HDD?

Thank you!

bshoc

Postby support » 09 June 2016, 13:31

Please post the lightshow in this forum (without the media file), and send us the media file via a file transfer service (like http://www.wetransfer.com for instance).
We first have to be able to reproduce the problem with our system.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 09 June 2016, 18:24

I just sent a wetransfer to support@thelightingcontroller.com

It contains the show file, the wav file, and the video file.

Thanks so much for your help!
bshoc

Postby bshoc » 09 June 2016, 18:25

I forgot to tell you, the timeline file is called "Jesus Jump"
bshoc

Postby support » 10 June 2016, 18:37

You are using V8.1.00.
There was a timer problem with V8.1.00, which is fixed in current fix file (http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... are/V8/new).
Please try with the fix.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Ghostfeeder » 06 July 2016, 19:10

I'm glad there is a discussion on here about these issues because I am having them as well but with audio. Since the software is designed to sync lights with media, I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. It's refreshing to have support come on here and basically say "yeah, it can't do that." Refreshing, but obnoxious.

I've been using the software for some time now. Sometimes it's perfectly in sync. Other times I just never know what will happen when I press play. That can be a pretty stressful scenario when its performance time. The inconsistency kills me. I might have a perfect night, or I might have a song that starts out of sync and just never finds its legs and I just have to roll with it.

I enjoy the software (aside from the lack of an "undo" button, of course...), but the inconsistency is a real deal breaker in some scenarios.

PLEASE put a media player in the software itself. If the program can't consistently do the one thing it's actually sold for it doesn't reflect well on Chauvet. I would gladly pay extra for the peace of mind in knowing my set will be rock solid when I press play.
Ghostfeeder

Postby support » 06 July 2016, 22:49

We need to be able to reproduce the problem.
Please send the media file via "wetransfer.com", and post a lightshow with an easy timeline where we can easily see the problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Live - TimeLine