Delay - Response time for video launching

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Delay - Response time for video launching

Postby Sinoq » 13 November 2015, 15:47

Hello,

I'm using the timeline with video (app 5 minutes of movie with music)
When I click on the button, it takes long time (1 sec or more) to open the timeline and launch the video + lights effects.
Moreover, I discovered a ramdom desynchronization between the video and the lights scenes... which cause unsatisfaction and frustration... I synchronise the viedo and the effects in the timeline, it seems wonderfull and then I quit and launch the timeline from the corresponding button --> synchro is not correct.

It is only because my computer specs are too small to render the show properly ? It is because the movie is too big (quality or length or both) ? It is because I have to many effects /scenes on the same timeline ?

Is there any process to improve the rendering ?

Thanks for answering.
Sinoq
La petite faiblesse qui vous perdra...
Sinoq

Re: Delay - Response time for video launching

Postby support » 13 November 2015, 17:27

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Sinoq » 30 November 2015, 14:30

Thank you for the link to the topic... usefull but :
- all my musics are in .wav
- my videos are in .avi --> is it the best format (your advice : use low compressed files).
Does the format of the video has an importance ? (we use a specific 2048*648 resolution)
Sinoq
La petite faiblesse qui vous perdra...
Sinoq

Postby support » 30 November 2015, 14:49

It certainly has (we never tried with so high res video).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby vincentcolignon » 23 December 2015, 00:44

Well it just simply doesn't work... I worked on a project with only noncompressed Full HD AVI files and pure WAVE music. My computer has the highest specs you could have today...but sadly, It just keeps desynchronising audio and effects depending on the fact that you start the timeline from the begining or from a marker inside the timeline.

So basically if i want my light show to be perfectly synced with my music/video, I always need to launch the timeline from the begining ...-> But when your show length is 7min and that you need to wait 7 minutes every time you want to adjust the timing of a fixture, and then you realise it's not yet synced and that you need to do it again and wait 7 more minutes...it"s just a huge pain in the ass.

Until this problem gets solved this software is useless, and it's a shame because it has such potential. But I think this problem will never get adressed since people are complaining about this since 2011 without any real answers from the SweetLight Team.
vincentcolignon

Postby support » 29 December 2015, 17:31

For perfect synch, we suggest to use an external video player which plays the video, and sends midi notes to trigger the buttons in tab Live of our software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine