No video output to 2nd monitor [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Re: No video output to 2nd monito

Postby Alan_G13 » 12 November 2015, 15:50

Hi

Works perfectly using the Video mixing renderer 9 option. Just FYI, the other options all produce the same results as per my original post on the set up I'm currently testing on. I can try the other options on different set ups if you want ?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Alan
Alan_G13

Re: No video output to 2nd monitor [fixed]

Postby Niffo » 12 November 2015, 16:49

No need to try on other setups.
Thanks for your feedback.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Alan_G13 » 13 November 2015, 12:30

Hi

No problem. Will you be integrating this new feature into both v7 and v8 updates ?
Alan_G13

Postby support » 13 November 2015, 13:32

Each new feature added in V7 is by default added in V8.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Alan_G13 » 10 January 2016, 14:43

Hi

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version (7.1.74) which doesn't have the video renderer option in it yet which fixes the .mpg issue. I'm about to install the software into over 20 venues in the next few weeks, all of which use .mpg video files as a media source so will definitely have a problem. Will you be including the fix into the latest version anytime soon or am I going to have to use the version from the link you gave me, which would be very time consuming revisiting all the venues to update them when the fix is applied ?
Alan_G13

Postby support » 10 January 2016, 18:08

There is presently no date for a new complete version.
You might have to copy/paste the exe file from the zip file.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Alan_G13 » 11 January 2016, 21:24

Hi

Using the exe with the rendering fix applied will be workable I guess in the short term, but that also stops the venues from using the latest version(s) of the software which includes the rest of the fixes detailed in the change log. Are there at least plans to include the rendering fix in some future update ?

I just know that definitely some of the venues will take it upon themselves to update to the latest version (when they see that they aren't using it) which will overwrite the one with the render fix, thereby stopping them being able to play .mpg files
Alan_G13

Postby support » 12 January 2016, 09:06

Are there at least plans to include the rendering fix in some future update ?

There is presently no date for a new complete version.
The fix will be of course included in the next complete version.

the venues will take it upon themselves to update to the latest version

Please tell this to the customer:
- the version number is written in the welcome window
- when a new version is available, it is clearly specified in this welcome window
- until no new version is announced, do not update
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Alan_G13 » 14 January 2016, 22:30

As there's no timescale on the release of a new major version change (ie v7.xx to v8.xx) which will include the .mpg fix, couldn't the fix be included in a minor version update (v7.xx) ?

It seems to me that for the 24 venues I'm installing the software in during the next few weeks to be able to use their .mpg files, they'll have to stick with the version in the zip file (which includes the fix) and therefore not be able to update their version - meaning they're missing out on not only all the current updates and bug fixes in the latest stable release, but also any future updates/bug fixes until a new major version update is released.

As you've already identified the rendering problem and put a fix for it in the version I have from the zip file (which, incidentally prompts the user every time when launched if they want to run the software which I guess is a digital signing issue), could not that same fix be included in a minor version update ?
Alan_G13

Previous

Return to Live - TimeLine