Light stays on 1 second longer than the Timeline shows

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Light stays on 1 second longer than the Timeline shows

Postby MLB » 01 October 2015, 01:17

Greetings mates! :D I need help!!
In editor I create a 5 second scene - full on, no fade, just plain and simple on. The scene will play for EXACTLY 5 seconds and shut off in editor as it should.
Add that same scene in a fresh timeline (with nothing but a single timeline active hopefully eliminating any potential lag) and place it at the 1 sec mark (with the loop properties set to off) and the timeline shows a 5 second clip that starts at 1 sec and stops at 6 just as it should.
However, the light stays on for almost an extra second longer no matter what light I use. I've tried every variation of lengths (saved in editor and changed file to update in timeline) but still every scene plays almost 1 second longer in timeline than it does in editor. There is no lag starting the fixture/scene. It starts just as it should and start and stop points are represented correctly in the timeline view. Nothing appears to overlap even when zoomed in 100% but the real world fixture stays on longer and does overlap into the next scene.

I can work around this when programming but this is causing scenes and DMX commands to overlap which really gets crazy when more complex scenes or even simple fades are involved.

Anyone else dealing with this?
Is this a timeline glitch in the software or do I have an issue on my end?
Thanks so much!

Running version 8.0.45 on a Macbook Pro OSX with the xpress512
MLB

Re: Light stays on 1 second longer than the Timeline shows

Postby JohnRichards » 01 October 2015, 05:58

Hi MLB.
A scene in timelime will carry on looping for the length of the timeline. You will either have to put a "Off" button at the 5 second mark, or make the timeline overall length 5 secs.
John
JohnRichards

Postby MLB » 05 October 2015, 00:36

Thanks for the reply John. However if you right click on the any scene in timeline and choose properties, then uncheck "Loop" it does not loop to the end of the timeline and there is no need for an "off" button to end the scene. Hopefully that info will help you edit faster in timeline yourself. The off button has been one of my work arounds but even it is visually almost one second longer than the the scene so it is hard to visually line up multiple scenes to a specific point in time. Using different layers makes perfect sense visually however the DMX output is still being sent during this 1 sec of extra time I am struggling with.
Again my issue is that there is nearly an addition second of DMX data being outputted on an un-looped scene in timeline as opposed to editor.
Any other ideas anyone? Support?
MLB

Postby support » 05 October 2015, 06:32

You can post (or email) your lightshow, as light as possible (best is with one timeline and one scene).
We will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JohnRichards » 05 October 2015, 16:54

@MLB,
My scenes are mostly single steps, and using the "stop" button allows for more flexibility in that a certain scene can run for any time that I want. I have used timelines extensively and have never had any delay when using .wav files and "pause" and "off"
John
JohnRichards

Return to Live - TimeLine