Fade LED Lights in timeline

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Fade LED Lights in timeline

Postby ABBAMANIA » 13 April 2015, 16:30

Hi,
I have buttons set up for my fixtures and everything is working fine. I have now jumped over to the timeline and places different scenes in and all is well there too except for the LEDs.
I would like them to fade from one scene to the next (Colours) but instead of fading they jump straight to the colour.

Have i missed something somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
ABBAMANIA

Re: Fade LED Lights in timeline

Postby Earl Harvey » 13 April 2015, 16:35

Are scenes all on same Light scene time line? try using more than one light scene timeline to create X-Fade...
Earl Harvey

Postby ABBAMANIA » 13 April 2015, 16:50

Hi,
I have tried placing each scene on a different timeline but when they cross the first stays on so you end up with all the colours on together.
I then tried placing a STOP at the end of the colour before the next starts, this does make the first colour go off but doesn't fade just like before :(

pulling my hair out.
ABBAMANIA

Postby Earl Harvey » 13 April 2015, 17:16

Create a scene in Generator that controls the dimmer to follow along on separate Light Scene timeline
Earl Harvey

Postby Lighter007 » 14 April 2015, 12:27

Stop.
You're mixing too many things here.
1. The 'Stop' tool in timeline is just for the timeline itself, it stops the hole timeline.
2. In my opinion you should NOT use the generator, if you do not know, what each function does. If you know how to use it correctly, you can create complex scenes very easy. You COULD do a color fade, of course, but I would recommend using the normal editor for normal color fades.(I dont mean chaotic strobing-color-movements :D )
3. The only two things you have to change in the editor: Change the little grey symbol under each channel from 'step' to 'fade'. You will see which is which.
And also activate the unused channels by moving them up and then down again. (E.g. if you want to fade from blue to green, move green up to 255 and move blue up to any value higher than 0 and then move it down to 0.)
The length of the step is the fade time.

Lighter007
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Return to Live - TimeLine