changing PC with audio/video files in the lightshow [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

changing PC with audio/video files in the lightshow [fixed]

Postby bshoc » 07 April 2015, 02:20

Hey guys, if I change my computer and I have audio and video in my timelines, I feel like the file path could be different on the new computer. Could someone give me some advice on moving everything over to another computer? Thanks!
bshoc

Re: changing computers

Postby support » 07 April 2015, 06:42

If you store your media files in the folder which contains the lightshow (or in a sub-folder), TimeLine will be able to retrieve them in any computer.

Technical explaination
- when stored in the folder (or subfolder) of the lightshow, TimeLine records the relative path
- when stored in another location, TimeLine records the absolute path
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: changing PC with audio/video files in the lightshow [fix

Postby bshoc » 07 April 2015, 16:11

Ok thank you. So I noticed that my light show created a new folder on my computer that contains the light shows, this folder is not under the application folder but under the main directory on my MAC. What you are saying is that I could maybe create a new folder under that light show folder to store media files in, and when I move it to another computer it will still see them even if the computer itself has a different name? Thanks again
bshoc

Re: changing PC with audio/video files in the lightshow [fix

Postby bshoc » 07 April 2015, 16:12

I also realized in the title of my post, I used the word PC, I have a Mac, didn't mean for that to be confusing
bshoc

Return to Live - TimeLine