One Timeline to Another

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

One Timeline to Another

Postby pogjack » 19 June 2014, 05:00

Can't tell yet if V7 does this also, but i'm thinking it does. Long time problem I've had doing drama's at my church. Timeline is awesome for me to program my lights to different scenes with music and such. Showxpress is my "invisible" lighting tech while I mix sound. My problem comes into play when I want to end the timeline with a light scene. I know how to stop the timeline where a light scene is on, but when I want to go to another timeline, I will have to click that same scene on Live, then hit the next timeline or the whole stage flickers black before going to the next timeline. I can understand that the program doesn't allow two timelines to be running at one time (one stopped and the other one fading in from the stopped one).
My suggestion is to allow us to put either a trigger that activates a scene in Live or allow us to input a DMX trigger that is assigned to a light scene.

This will allow me to make a timeline that will stop on a specific light scene activated in Live, then the next timeline just fades into it without blacking the whole stage out, also allowing me less steps to remember to activate the live scene and turn off the timeline.

Hope this makes scense.

Thanks,
pogjack

Re: One Timeline to Another

Postby support » 19 June 2014, 07:29

My suggestion is to allow us to put either a trigger that activates a scene in Live or allow us to input a DMX trigger that is assigned to a light scene.

It is already possible to activate a scene button in Live, via a DMX trigger (or a Midi trigger).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby pogjack » 19 June 2014, 18:57

Yes, i know, but not from timeline just an external device, right?

I need someway to activate a Live scene through timeline and it be activated in Live not timeline.
pogjack

Postby support » 19 June 2014, 21:48

Understood (trigger buttons in Live, from TimeLine) and noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine