Strange fault, working then doesn't then works

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Strange fault, working then doesn't then works

Postby craigh2024 » 18 April 2024, 19:07

Hi I've used sweetlight for a number of years and love it. Its my go to on a lot of events i do just for the simplicity.

However, i have recently installed a few lights, a laptop and a D512 in a theme park venue for their children's shows.
There are two shows. Each show has its timeline and is triggered from the Buttons page.
The shows are made up of some speech with static lighting and then various songs, flashing patterns/chases etc.

The first show is perfect, runs every time with no issues.

In the second show intermittently ( 3 times now over 35 shows) static scenes are fine but get to a pattern/chase and just flickers all lighting over red green, and blue. it will do this for every song in that show.
what is weird, triggers it again from the buttons page and it works properly.

to make things even more confusing, the first show is made from the same chases/ pattern scenes as the second show!? so I know its not my lighting scenes.
the laptop is a windows 10 laptop as i wasn't allowed a new computer in my budget. could it be this?

Ive checked and the editor page isn't overriding the scenes, and neither is another button (in solos)

Please help
Thanks Craig
craigh2024

Re: Strange fault, working then doesn't then works

Postby support » 19 April 2024, 09:00

Not easy to make any conclusion.

We suggest you to make:
- a first test with a self powered USB hub (this is not expensive)
- if the problem still exists, make a second test with another computer plus the self powered USB hub
Then if the problem still exists, we could estimate that the PC is not the problem.
- if the problem still exists, make a third with only a few lights which have the flicking problem, with all other lights powered off and disconnect from the DMX line
Then if the problem still exists, we could estimate that the DMX line is not the problem (we are thinking about a possible "ground loop" problem).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine