MacOS - Sync problem [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

MacOS - Sync problem [fixed]

Postby butlerray » 12 July 2022, 15:59

I have started to use MP3 files at 16 bit with 256 constant bit-rate setting.
The smaller file seems to run more accurately and is better to edit with pause and place
of scenes. Maybe 128 cbr will be even better if the audio quality is high enough.

The wav files are just too big and take more time to process.

Can others try this and let me know how you get on.
butlerray

Re: Timeline Sync/editing and playback with MP3

Postby mrchacha100 » 17 April 2023, 16:57

We are having issues with any audio files syncing up in the timeline. Tried with mp3 instead of wav but every time you start the timeline it plays back a different part. Maybe slightly less unreliable with mp3 but still not viable for a timeline light show. Sorry
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 18 April 2023, 08:49

Thanks for the reply but this is not any of these issues. We have a perfect sync for over 6 years but now with Ventura and this new version everything is out of sync. Had to resort to programming on 2008 Mac with version 8 which plays back perfect so there is an issue. Please can you investigate. We have many shows relying on your software and this is a massive software breaking bug for us.

Thank you
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 18 April 2023, 08:51

Also the issue is happening on PC also. Yes, we bought a PC to check if this was going to be any better. What is the lowest version of your software that will run on Ventura? Could you please give me link to use an older version to see if this operates better?
mrchacha100

Postby support » 18 April 2023, 09:08

So if we right understand:
- the version 8 of our software with up to MacOS Monterey is ok
- the version 9 of our software with MacOS Ventura is not ok
- the version 9 of our software with Windows is not ok
Could you please confirm that ?

You will find V8 here: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =85&t=4553
Please try:
- V8 on Ventura (the same PC where V9 is not ok)
- V9 on Monterey (the same PC where V8 is ok)
- V8 on Windows (the same PC where V9 is not ok)
and let us know the result.

Please note that it is important to test each time on the same PC.
You can install both versions (V8 and V9) on each PC ; just create separate folders for each.
Our DMX interface will be not found on V8 Windows because V8 and V9 usb drivers are different ; this is not important because we do not need it for the tests.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 18 April 2023, 09:16

Hi

Thanks so much for the reply. This has been a nightmare week and we really appreciate the help to find a solution.

So on Mac with El Capitan and version 8: no problems (but unfortunately this machine will die if we run Qlab for AV and lighting controller at the same time.

Version 8 will not open on Ventura
Version 9 on PC also has the same playback sync issue.

I will try install version on version 8 on the PC but I guess because as you say the drivers are different this will not be an option for us to work with but to help you with the test I will do it.

I will also install version 9 on the El Capitan Mac to see if the issue persists.

Is this all correct?

Thanks
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 18 April 2023, 09:20

I'm hoping that if I create all the lightshows on the old Mac and transfer them to the new ones, they will at least playback the show synced with Qlab and no other media loaded in the timeline. But unfortunately when you don't have access to the venues the Visualiser is the only option for the time being and we will have to wait.
mrchacha100

Postby support » 18 April 2023, 09:27

The "bargraph" window of our software mirrors the DMX outputs ; you can make the tests with it.
The delays will be same (plus may be 0,1 sec from the USB line to the DMX fixtures).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 18 April 2023, 14:52

Ok. Testing with 2008 MacBook Pro running El Capitan

All versions work perfectly.

Tested latest with fix installed, 9.15 and 8.2.28. Wavefile was perfectly in sync and starting and replaying with red or green cursors replay the same with no discrepancies.

I am currently trying to see if I can move version 9.15 over to a new machine to test but it seems that the common problem is the OS Ventura. I thought maybe it was something with the M1 chip but the problems are the same on apple silicon and intel.

Is there anything you can think of on how to find a quick fix? Like you've said before the software uses OSX playback from the OS so if there is a problem with its handling of media then is this something you can compensate for?

Hope this helps
mrchacha100

Next

Return to Live - TimeLine