Macro's using the same button

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Macro's using the same button

Postby muscanto » 26 July 2023, 13:19

I'm trying to utilize more and more macros to avoid making duplicate buttons but I am finding at times that macro's are not smart enough to keep the same button pressed if it's in multiple macros that are in use. Can this behavior be changed?

Here is an example: If I have two macros and the same button is pressed in both macros, releasing one macro should not release the button as well if the second macro is still pressed.
muscanto

Re: Macro's using the same button

Postby support » 26 July 2023, 14:19

This makes sense.
So we note for the new software: "trying to manage in a smarter way the buttons trigger in the Macros".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby muscanto » 27 July 2023, 14:44

This one's a pretty important fix to me. Any chance we can get this as a fix for version 9? Considering that v10 release is still unexpected.
muscanto

Postby support » 28 July 2023, 08:15

Please specify your wished rules, considering all possible cases of Macros using.
Then we will see what we can do in V9.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby muscanto » 01 August 2023, 19:52

I spent some time thinking about this and keeping it simple is really the only way this would work.

If a button exists in two macro's, the only way it gets released is if both macros are released or a "release all" button is pushed.

They should layer up the same way as normal buttons (LPT). Ideally, the software would re-determine the order in which they were initially pushed after a macro is released if there are still macros that are on.

If you present me with an issue - I can give feedback on how I think we could work through the challenge.

Right now, when I trigged multiple macros with MIDI, I get mixed behavior when one macro is released but not the other.
muscanto

Return to Live - Buttons