Next major software version - buttons priority - your wishes

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Next major software version - buttons priority - your wishes

Postby support » 14 June 2023, 10:30

The current software version has the following options:
- release all buttons
- 'release all buttons' exclusion

May be we could make better in the next software (?)
We can completly change that ; no need to keep these two options if there is a better and different solution.
Please tell us your ideas.

Not really related to the above question, but to know anyway:
in the new software, there are three levels of priority for the buttons: normal (by default), low and high. For instance, if you press first a "high priority" button and then a "normal priority" button, the active channels of the "high priority" button will not change.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Next major software version - buttons priority - your wi

Postby SeekLighting » 14 June 2023, 12:35

I think the "Release All Buttons" status quo is fine. Very pleased to hear of the addition of different priority levels. This would be very useful!
SeekLighting

Postby muscanto » 14 June 2023, 13:09

I use the release all buttons and release all exclusion buttons a lot for home position of movers and to serve as blackout type functions. I do not want to see those go away.

I love the idea of priority buttons, I have been waiting for that for 6 years and will absolutely welcome that change.

I would like ability to have a release all in board button that is specific to the board that it's on where it releases all the buttons in that board - this would be different then using a priority since priority won't release the other buttons, it will only override them.
muscanto

Postby autogedrocht » 06 September 2023, 11:42

Hello!

It would be nice of you can make the Release exclusion set on the Page instead of buttons.
Some pages in Live contain many buttons, its quite some work to set them all manually on exclusion.

Futher, it would be nice to make the exclusion for a range of buttons. For instance, if you have a lot of buttons for movement, that you could make a Movement Exclusion Button. You would have to set a button to Movement ofcourse like a class or ID.
autogedrocht

Postby support » 07 September 2023, 10:12

In fact, the "release buttons" functions have not been implemented yet. Sorry for this mistake.

Another thing to know is:
- the number of boards can be from 1 to unlimited (in V9, it is limited to 1, 2, 4, 6 or 8)
- these boards you see together belong to one page (the meaning of "page" is different than in V9)
- there is an unlimited number of pages

Considering there can be now a huge quantity of boards, the options "release all buttons" and "release all buttons exclusion" will become too annoying to setup. We have to do something more friendly.
The button option: "release all button in the Boards '...' and '...'" may be a good idea.
And there will no "release all exclusion" option.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons