request - Steps Button for Scene

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

request - Steps Button for Scene

Postby muscanto » 29 March 2023, 18:49

I believe I have requested a version of this in the past but I would like to revive this request.

I want to be able to create a button where when you push the button, it actives a scene and when you push the same button, the scene advances to the next step (step 2) and will continue to each step until it reaches the end of the steps and then exits. I think playlists can do something similar but I want to be able to assign a physical MIDI button to activate this scene and then when I push the button, it will proceed to step 2, then step 3...etc until it finishes. No need to loop. A release all button would clear the button from where it's at regardless of which step it's at. I would have it change color briefly on press after it's active to indicate that the next step was activated when you push it again.

I have tried to accomplish this with a sequential list and I have not been able to. I could do this using the "Beat" button but then it requires me to use 2 midi buttons which makes this more challenging since I am already sending MIDI data for the beat from another source.
muscanto

Re: Feature Request - Steps Button for Scene

Postby SeekLighting » 29 March 2023, 21:05

You should be able to use Sequential list no problem, as you can assign the Sequential List GO button to a midi button
SeekLighting

Postby muscanto » 29 March 2023, 21:28

You should be able to use Sequential list no problem, as you can assign the Sequential List GO button to a midi button

I think this would require 3 buttons then - one to trigger the sequental list, another to hit go and another for each step, or maybe it's just two?

Either way, I want to use a foot controller to start the scene, trigger the next step through each step until it's all the way through. This would require toe dancing if I cannot assign all of these parts to one foot button.
muscanto

Postby muscanto » 29 March 2023, 21:41

Another problem with Sequential Lists is you cannot run two at once. With step advancing buttons, you could run several of them simultaneously.
muscanto

Postby SeekLighting » 30 March 2023, 19:44

muscanto wrote:

I think this would require 3 buttons then - one to trigger the sequental list, another to hit go and another for each step, or maybe it's just two?

Either way, I want to use a foot controller to start the scene, trigger the next step through each step until it's all the way through. This would require toe dancing if I cannot assign all of these parts to one foot button.

No, just one button. The Go button starts the list AND advanced through each step.

Yes if you want multiple cue stacks at once, there is a limitation there as you can only have one Sequential List playing at a time. Multiple Sequential Lists is something I had raised as a feature request a while back
SeekLighting

Postby muscanto » 30 March 2023, 19:49

SeekLighting wrote:
muscanto wrote:

No, just one button. The Go button starts the list AND advanced through each step.

Yes if you want multiple cue stacks at once, there is a limitation there as you can only have one Sequential List playing at a time. Multiple Sequential Lists is something I had raised as a feature request a while back

Right... but to trigger the correct sequential list.. that would need to be a different button, right?
muscanto

Postby SeekLighting » 02 April 2023, 06:12

If you are triggering your Sequential Lists via buttons in Live view, yes.

However you can just midi map your Global GO button in the Sequential List Window. You can then just select which Sequential List you have open using a button . Perhaps you can have an iPad with a live window filled with all your Sequential Lists as buttons. Clicking on the button in the iPad would load up that Sequential list's first step, which hypothetically you could then trigger from the midi mapped Go button.

I haven't tried this personally but I can't see why it wouldn't work
SeekLighting

Re: Request - Steps Button for Scene

Postby support » 10 April 2023, 08:47

FYI, in the current (alpha) version of the next software, it is possible to:
- generate a board of one button per "step" (we call this "point" now) of a chosen scene (for instance, a 10 "steps" scene will generate a board with 10 buttons). Each button will play a fixed step of the scene
- the board can play these buttons in "chase" mode
- it is possible to fix a long duration for the last button in the board (to avoid the loop)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: request - Steps Button for Scene

Postby muscanto » 10 April 2023, 13:27

Will it be possible to use a single MIDI note to control the stepping of these buttons on the board? Will they be able to chase in order?
muscanto

Re: request - Steps Button for Scene

Postby support » 11 April 2023, 10:39

The chase is presently only automatic (goes to the next button when the current one ends).
The option "Chase via external trigger" is a good idea ; we take note of this.
The chase order can not be changed ; it is same as in the current software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Live - Buttons