Buttons not responding properly after computer transfer

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Buttons not responding properly after computer transfer

Postby DrKattywhopus » 23 June 2022, 23:47

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here. I've been using ShowXpress for about 4 years now and have only had much success with it. Now that I'm getting back to touring I fired up my NEW computer and imported in my lightshow. All the fixtures are where they need to be but during playback I not all the midi data is being read correctly resulting in the wrong buttons being pressed or not at all. I've tried on my new M1 computer as well as an older intel MAC that used to work when I wrote the show on it. Since then I wiped that computer thinking my show would be safe by just having the exported show file. I am also experiencing buttons being stuck on even though Flash is enabled.

I also starting making a show from scratch and the buttons act the way they are supposed to when playing back midi data from Ableton.

My Question: When programming from a keyboard and using the midi learn function is there data that isn't exported out with the show that would potentially unlink the midi notes in ableton to the buttons in ShowXpress?

Currently on 9.2.23& .38
One computer is Mojave and other is Big Sur M1
Ableton 11.1.6
DrKattywhopus

Re: Buttons not responding properly after computer transfer

Postby support » 24 June 2022, 09:37

When programming from a keyboard and using the midi learn function is there data that isn't exported out with the show that would potentially unlink the midi notes in ableton to the buttons in ShowXpress?

The midi data are stored together with the other infos of the button (name, ...) in the same file. If you see the button, the midi info is supposed to be there too.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Buttons not responding properly after computer transfer

Postby Niffo » 29 June 2022, 10:30

Maybe your midi devices are not in the same order on your new computer ? If necessary, you can reorder them from "Preferences" => "Midi" tab.
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons