Request - Midi start button and step through scenes

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Request - Midi start button and step through scenes

Postby muscanto » 25 March 2022, 18:10

I would like to be able to setup a button on my midi controller that sends a midi note to The Lighting Controller. I want that note to start a scene and step through the scene each time I press the button and once I have stepped through the scene, the button in Live releases.

1st press - Start Scene button
2nd press - Step 2 of scene
3rd Press - step 3 of scene
4th press - Release scene button

This would allow me to use one button to work through a scene with a few different looks. This would be especially useful with a foot controller which is what I would intend to do with it. This could be done with multiple buttons but that makes it much more complicated from a user standpoint.

Thanks
muscanto

Re: Request - Midi start button and step through scenes

Postby muscanto » 25 March 2022, 18:35

I think you could accomplish this by adding a speed property that says: "Step on Button Click"

When this option is selected, triggering the button with mouse, touchscreen or midi would start the scene, then move through the steps unless a "release all" or blackout button is pushed. That would end the button regardless of which step you are at. Once all the scenes are through the last click releases the button.
muscanto

Re: Request - Midi start button and step through scenes

Postby SeekLighting » 25 March 2022, 22:16

Why wouldn't you just use sequential list to do this? Pretty sure you can already midi map the Go button in sequential list.
SeekLighting

Return to Live - Buttons