fade out to values 0

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

fade out to values 0

Postby daan44444 » 17 February 2020, 16:18

I would like to add something to this topic (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... 7&start=10). Now you are able to disable a channel on any given step, which is a very good thing.

Imagine the following scenario: you have a couple pars set with dimmer full on in blue on a seperate scene which is active in live mode. I want to make a flash button in live view which lets them snap to red and, when released, fade back to the originally set color. If the original color would be green, it would fade back to green, etc. It can be done, but you would need a seperate flash scene for each different base color.

The problem with this is, that you can disable channels, but when you hit a step where te color channels are disabled, they will snap back to the originally set color, and it can't be faded in any way.

I would like to see a feature, which allows me to select if i want to fade into the disabled channel, or snap into it. Just like you would with enabled channels (the fade or snap marker below the green, enabled fader)
daan44444

Re: Keep channels disable in some steps [fixed]

Postby daan44444 » 08 March 2020, 16:33

Bump
daan44444

Postby support » 08 March 2020, 19:42

We have no doable (means without redoing the complete scenes play engine) solution for that.
FYI, in the coding side, switch off a scene (or channels) with a fade means create a virtual scene with the channels off, and make a fade transition to this scene.
And there is no way to do this inside a scene.
Sorry for that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thorehl » 10 March 2020, 13:04

support:
If initial color is Blue, like daan44444 has, and he hits a Flash button with Red and it has Fade Out enebled, why can't the Fade Out option allow for Fade Out on Red, yet fading in Blue at its original value?
He'd have to have in his Red flash button active channels for Blue and Green, but at value 0 to "turn off" the current active Blue.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby support » 10 March 2020, 14:22

Please post a video, with an easy lightshow, with only one fixture with 3 only channels "RGB", and only two buttons (if we right understood), showing the problem.
And we will check again.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thorehl » 10 March 2020, 15:23

Video:

You can see the fixture dimming all channels (RGB) down to 0, then popping in the previous active BLUE. We want it to fade back the BLUE active channel from the first button (active step file). If we leave the BLUE channel (and green) disabled in the RED button, the color bump turns pink as the blue channel is currently active and not affected buy the RED color bump.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby support » 10 March 2020, 17:38

Thank you for the video.
Understood that this remark has nothing to do with the original topic, so we moved it to a new topic in the correct section.

Yes, "fade out" always fades to values 0. The reason is the fading out scene ignores what the other running scenes are doing.
Sorry for this.

The standard using is:
- fade transitions in Steps
- no "fade out" option in Live
- page option "solo button" in Live
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons