request - home Position

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Re: request - home Position

Postby DeeStage » 08 May 2019, 14:31

This feature schould be a relative correcture to the actual dmx output. Every time you set up your moving lights in a different order physically you have to rearrange the home positions.

So it would be nice if you could click on the fixture in a settings window and arrange the PAn/TILT value by Percent.

For instance: Set all moving lights pointing to the Front at the same value...
Go to the settings value and add or remove some Percent for each PAN/TiLT channel
Save and its done.

So if you are arranging your fixtures in settings it has to be shown on DMX Output in in real time !!!
DeeStage
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 19 May 2015, 18:40

Re: request - home Position

Postby muscanto » 08 May 2019, 14:35

DeeStage wrote:This feature schould be a relative correcture to the actual dmx output. Every time you set up your moving lights in a different order physically you have to rearrange the home positions.

So it would be nice if you could click on the fixture in a settings window and arrange the PAn/TILT value by Percent.

For instance: Set all moving lights pointing to the Front at the same value...
Go to the settings value and add or remove some Percent for each PAN/TiLT channel
Save and its done.

So if you are arranging your fixtures in settings it has to be shown on DMX Output in in real time !!!


I'm not sure I follow. I have another request for global offset. That sounds more like what you are requesting.

The purpose of a home position is so that movers are pointed straight up or down when they are not in use in stead of at 0/0 which is usually point to the side and up all the way. This is considered best practice by most LD's. Unless you have a specific need to aim your movers somewhere else as a default.
muscanto
 
Posts: 115
Joined: 22 June 2015, 13:10

Re: request - home Position

Postby DeeStage » 08 May 2019, 14:51

I want to set up the Moving lights in scenes to a DMX Value of 128 PAN and maybe 70 TILT.

If every Moving light is callibratet perfect they schould be light straight to the FoH.

If not, i would like to go to the setup window and set an global offset for each fixture by percent values. or maybe by fixed DMX values for PAn/TILT and PAN/TILT fine.
But it is nessesary to see the actual input I Have set in scenes before while you thake changes in the offset window in live time.

It would be really hard if its only pissible to change the offset value, close the settings window.... Then the live output will be recalculated with the new offset... You will see that its not perfect and you have to need to change the offset in the settings window again... then close it ang look if its matching with the other lights...

To avoid this problem I want to see my offset changings in live Time on DMX output
DeeStage
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 19 May 2015, 18:40

Re: request - home Position

Postby muscanto » 08 May 2019, 15:02

DeeStage wrote:I want to set up the Moving lights in scenes to a DMX Value of 128 PAN and maybe 70 TILT.

If every Moving light is callibratet perfect they schould be light straight to the FoH.

If not, i would like to go to the setup window and set an global offset for each fixture by percent values. or maybe by fixed DMX values for PAn/TILT and PAN/TILT fine.
But it is nessesary to see the actual input I Have set in scenes before while you thake changes in the offset window in live time.

It would be really hard if its only pissible to change the offset value, close the settings window.... Then the live output will be recalculated with the new offset... You will see that its not perfect and you have to need to change the offset in the settings window again... then close it ang look if its matching with the other lights...

To avoid this problem I want to see my offset changings in live Time on DMX output


What you are asking for has nothing to do with this topic. A home position is a static place the lights go to when the software starts up and no light scenes are activated. Again, as I previously wrote.. Your post is asking for "Global Offset" which we are discussing on another thread, please add your comments there.
muscanto
 
Posts: 115
Joined: 22 June 2015, 13:10

Re: request - home Position

Postby DeeStage » 08 May 2019, 15:16

I think both features are close to another for programming...

if my post is really wrong here, prealse move it to the other thread.
sorry for that.
but I hope you agree to my wish for Global Offset
DeeStage
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 19 May 2015, 18:40

Re: request - home Position

Postby muscanto » 08 May 2019, 15:21

DeeStage wrote:I think both features are close to another for programming...

if my post is really wrong here, prealse move it to the other thread.
sorry for that.
but I hope you agree to my wish for Global Offset


I know Support has acknowledged the need for Global Offset. I'm 100% behind you in needing this feature.
muscanto
 
Posts: 115
Joined: 22 June 2015, 13:10

Re: request - home Position

Postby tcld » 09 May 2019, 15:23

+1
tcld
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 08 April 2019, 18:52

Re: request - home Position

Postby thorehl » 16 July 2019, 19:12

+1
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
thorehl
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 20 January 2015, 22:16

Previous

Return to Live - Buttons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest