V9 Beta - problem with capital letters and Virtual DJ

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

V9 Beta - problem with capital letters and Virtual DJ

Postby Bob_be » 24 July 2018, 18:02

I've noticed, in Virtual DJ, that I can only get a few buttons to press in Showxpress with our light show. I don't know if spaces in the button names is causing the issue or not. I've tried renaming the buttons, replacing spaces with "_" and restarting both software's. Sometimes I can get the button to be press (via VDJ) in Showxpress momentarily then it will not engage again (usually after restarting Showxpress).

I don't know if single quotes or double quotes make a difference for the button configuration name in VDJ. In the V9_news PDF, the instructions show double quotes, but the image uses single quotes. I have tried both, with same results.

Beat detection works flawlessly.

Bonjour is installed.

Here is a link to the light show:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J-rzMD-ycP6p6mJrK6PddxYFhvTyFeVT

I can get the Fazer page buttons to work (10%, 15% etc). However the "Birthday" (no spaces in name) button on the Birthday/Limbo page I can't get to work. Most of the other buttons have spaces in the names, of which I can't get to be pressed as they should.

I'm not sure if spaces or special characters are an issue or not in the Page Name or Button Name.

Thank you,

Bob
Bob_be

Re: V9 Beta Virtual DJ DMX buttons work with some Live butto

Postby support » 24 July 2018, 21:39

Could you please also post the XML file which is in the folder "Documents/VirtualDJ/Pads/" ?

There was effectively an error in the PDF file regarding the quotes. We have to use single quotes instead of double quotes. The PDF file has been updated.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: V9 Beta - Virtual DJ DMX buttons work with some Live but

Postby Bob_be » 24 July 2018, 22:10

There are 2 files in the Pads folder. I'm sending both files.

Thank you,

Bob
Attachments
Pads.zip
(562 Bytes) Downloaded 771 times
Bob_be

Postby Bob_be » 25 July 2018, 03:10

Support, the problem may be my setup on my computer. I have my "My Documents" folder located on a partitioned hard drive, a separate drive from the windows/users drive. I sometimes have troubles with programs writing to my separate drive. If VDJ is having troubles writing to the default user folder (for me would be (My Documents) M:\VirtualDJ ), that may be my issue. It didn't occur to me when I made a zip file of the pads directory, Windows wouldn't let me write to the VirtualDJ folder. So I just saved it to my desktop. If VDJ need to write to the folder and it's not able to write correctly that might be the trouble. VDJ isn't giving me any errors when I close the edit dialog box.

If you don't see anything out of the ordinary, in the files I sent over, don't dig too deep into the issue. I will try to reinstall windows and set it up the normal way, in about a week.

Thank you,

Bob
Bob_be

Postby support » 25 July 2018, 08:03

We found the problem.
This is a bug.

The communication does not work when the name of the button contains capital letters.
If you rename the button "Birthday" by "birthday", it will work.

Thank you for your clear report.
Noted in our ToDo list.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: V9 Beta - problem with capital letters and Virtual DJ

Postby Bob_be » 26 July 2018, 16:35

Thanks for the update.

Keep up the great work!

Bob
Bob_be

Return to Live - Buttons