Adding gpj files with relative path instead of absolute path

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Adding gpj files with relative path instead of absolute path

Postby Pink LD » 09 December 2017, 00:01

SX Vers 8.2.28 with the very latest Windows 10 updates.

When you put a Generator scene into live in the Live.ini file it would literally call the scene name followed by .gpj i.e [gpj project file]

Currently when I add a Generator scene to Live in the Live.ini file it calls the whole filepath such as:
C:\Users\Ash\thlightingcontroller\lightshows\[show name]\editor\generator\projects\[gpj project file]

And this is problematic as whenever I change my [show name] to reflect it's evolution with current date, the next time I use that gpj it is calling a file path thru a [showname] I am no longer using.

For now I can I can go into thew Live.ini file and delete all but the [gpj project file] as a file path and save the Live.ini file before closing. But I am wondering why putting a gpj file into Live doesn't just save it the [gpj project file] as the file path and be done with it.

Thanks.
Pink LD

Re: Adding gpj files to Live Problem

Postby support » 09 December 2017, 22:26

Basically, the software stores the relative path. You could see that in the "demo_show" (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =85&t=4556).

But if you change some upper/lower case in a name of a directory, or if you store the gpj file in a upper lever than "..\editor\generator\projects\", then the software has no other choice than to store the absolute path.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons