Triggering A Scene Disables Another Active Fixture Scene

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Triggering A Scene Disables Another Active Fixture Scene

Postby jhyphinwill » 27 August 2017, 14:29

Hello,

I am having trouble when triggering step scenes.

Issue: Triggering a step scene from SlimPar T6 disables step scene for CoreBar4 and vise versa. I can activate them both but have to constantly re-trigger the deactivated scene after it has been turned off. Ideally, I would like them both to active at the same time without disabling each other.

Both fixtures have individual DMX addresses but I did notice that all of the channels in the editor window are shared and do not match the actual DMX address' from the fixture window. For example both SlimPar T6 and CoreBar4 utilize channels 1-8. See the images below.

Fixture Window
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k2ihlo8cssszn8/fixtures.PNG?dl=0

Editor Window
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwz4qcifojb8bpe/steps.PNG?dl=0

I have seen many videos online where the DMX channels do align with the editor channels.

Is this my problem, and how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help!
jhyphinwill

Re: Triggering A Scene Disables Another Active Fixture Scene

Postby Bob_be » 28 August 2017, 00:56

Since Version 8, the software is fixture based. Previous versions were Channel based. The fixture window is a graphical view of the channels being used by all your fixtures. In Editor it will show all the channels used by that fixture(s), starting with 1, for each fixture.

On your scenes, make sure sure the channels you don't want affected in the scenes, are set to "Disabled". If they have any value, even 0 that value will override a channel that you might have active in another light scene. Example: if scene 1 has light "A" on [value 255]. Then you have scene 2 turn on light "B" but also in that scene you have light "A" set to 0. The 0 value will override you scene 1 value, until scene 2 ends, then scene 1 will take back over for light "A". With the light disabled it won't send a value for the scene. (note: substitute channel for light, technically that's whats being affected.) Right click on the channel and select "Disable Channel" from the pop-up menu.

It's good practice when you create a new scene to use the "New Scene" icon, this will start with a clean slate (all channels disabled).

Hope this helps.
Bob_be

Re: Triggering A Scene Disables Another Active Fixture Scene

Postby support » 28 August 2017, 07:43

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons