Master Dimmers can't assign to some channels

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Master Dimmers can't assign to some channels

Postby fiasco » 08 August 2017, 05:01

I would like to assign a master dimmer to the zoom channel on my Chauvet Rouge1 washes.

The only channels (of the 21 available on the fixture) are RGBW and the dimmer. If I change the type of channel in the fixture from zoom to a dimmer or a color it will work fine. But, seems silly to have to do that and it makes the channel labels incorrect which adds confusion during programming.

Also, I noticed a channel master slider will not work if I don't create a steps scene with that channel set to 255. So, I had to create a single steps scene with just the zoom channel set at 255 and then add it as a button to a page. The slider only works if that button is engaged. Seems extraneous to have to do that to send a 0-255 value to a DMX channel on a fixture.
fiasco

Re: Master Dimmers can't assign to some channels

Postby support » 08 August 2017, 07:34

We suggest you to use "Fader sliders".

FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =72&t=3647
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby fiasco » 09 August 2017, 09:33

Making the zoom a dimmer and using the master slider is a better option...
fiasco

Postby ConnifBoudoin » 22 August 2017, 12:40

Hey Fiasco, I have a focus scene setup for each zoom on each fixture. This works well because if the channel is used in combination with something else it can be setup in the scene to only use the values of the channels that pertain to zoom. Some fixtures are bad about doing this in the strobe channel, and adding the dimmer in combination with strobe also. One advantage, it that by putting the zoom in a scene, you can change those values in each macro that you may create. The value of the zoom channel, if you add a fader to the scene, will get saved to the macro also if you so choose. This is nice feature. Every macro can have a different value saved in the macro with the new value of the zoom. Or it can not be in the Macro and stay at the setting you put it on. If you like to change the value of zoom for certain songs lets say in and out to the beat of a song you can use a chase with BPM to make the zoom change in time with the music. It really opens up a lot of possibilities. I use the Master Faders as just that, a Master Fader. I have a Master fader for all lights if I want them all to fade or just some if I want some to stay on even when I fade everything else, then I have masters for individual groups of lights, like Sharpy Master, Chauvet Master, Par Master, 108x3 Master, 54x3 Master. This gives me lots of choices of what I want on and off and at what level. It gives me choices of what stays on and what stays off under each master fader and its changeable anytime by just checking the box for the fader channel you want to fade with a Master dimmer.
ConnifBoudoin

Return to Live - Buttons