Macro Button Priority

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Macro Button Priority

Postby Bobnjul » 30 May 2017, 15:11

I've discovered this situation that is somewhat frustrating, and I'm having a hard time finding a suitable work around. I've created a number of Macros combining a number of carefully layered step and generator scenes to create different looks. Many of these Macro buttons utilize the same scene and/or generator buttons. I've found that layering these Macro buttons becomes problematic in this situation...

When I trigger a Macro button, obviously it triggers all the other buttons that I want triggered simultaneously. Then I need to trigger a second Macro button that utilizes some of the same buttons as the first Macro... when I do, it works as expected. Now here's the problem... When I disengage the first Macro... it turns off all the buttons in that Macro even though some of them are still being used by the currently engaged Macro. What needs to happen is that ONLY the buttons that are not shared need to be disengaged... leaving the activated Macro unaltered.

Is this possible?

Thanks for looking into this.

Bob
Bobnjul

Re: Macro Button Priority

Postby chrishooksbass » 30 May 2017, 15:26

how about copying the macro then adding a blackout to unwanted fixtures and adding new fixtures, then when you went from macro a to macro b the scene should respond accordingly.
chrishooksbass

Postby Bobnjul » 30 May 2017, 15:31

I'm not sure I follow what you mean.
Bobnjul

Postby SeekLighting » 01 June 2017, 20:23

Alternatively, rather than having macro B trigger the same buttons as macro A, create new copies of the buttons for the scenes for macro b, essentially doubling up. Put all your double up buttons on a different page and keep it hidden.
Or even better, create all your macros in sequential list and trigger them that way, that's what I do! :)
SeekLighting

Return to Live - Buttons