[request] scene/Macro having priority over Editor

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

[request] scene/Macro having priority over Editor

Postby Pink LD » 26 April 2017, 02:11

Question about LTP:
I understand how LTP works and I use it frequently in my programming approach. And I have long appreciated the improvement to have Macros consider the order by which I select the scenes so that LTP can be used to override something.

And in V8 I appreciate having an exclusion option for Live buttons when I release all buttons.

So I was wondering if we could have an option to declare a button(s) or Macro(s) to disregard LTP, or any other input so long as the "super" button is latched on? More often than not I would imagine it would be a feature I would pull from a pallette focus, but sometimes I have to dedicate a light to a clients special focus of a podium or banner and I would like that light to stay there no matter what Live command is given. Sure you could recommend I use the Editor page to do that, however I often use the Editor page during a show for a number of things, like fixing a look mid-show, or tweaking a pallette because a performer has moved etc.

In essence I would love to have some scenes and Macros that can be given the priority of the Editor, without using the Editor.

Thanks.
Pink LD

Re: [request] scene/Macro having priority over Editor

Postby BartKrap » 26 April 2017, 17:00

Pink LD wrote:Question about LTP:
I understand how LTP works and I use it frequently in my programming approach. And I have long appreciated the improvement to have Macros consider the order by which I select the scenes so that LTP can be used to override something.

And in V8 I appreciate having an exclusion option for Live buttons when I release all buttons.

So I was wondering if we could have an option to declare a button(s) or Macro(s) to disregard LTP, or any other input so long as the "super" button is latched on? More often than not I would imagine it would be a feature I would pull from a pallette focus, but sometimes I have to dedicate a light to a clients special focus of a podium or banner and I would like that light to stay there no matter what Live command is given. Sure you could recommend I use the Editor page to do that, however I often use the Editor page during a show for a number of things, like fixing a look mid-show, or tweaking a pallette because a performer has moved etc.

In essence I would love to have some scenes and Macros that can be given the priority of the Editor, without using the Editor.

Thanks.

+1
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Return to Live - Buttons