Integrating with Pioneer CDJs

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Integrating with Pioneer CDJs

Postby DeepSymmetry » 19 March 2017, 04:40

Greetings! I was pointed at your software and forum by a user of beat-link-trigger, my free, open-source software for triggering shows in response to the activity of DJs on Pioneer players.

He wanted to know if I could help figure out how to drive his Quick DMX light shows from my software, given that you support TCP-based control. He was able to send me documentation of your External Control protocol, and indeed, I was able to help him write an integration based on that, which sets the light show tempo to the tempo on the master CDJ, and triggers cues when particular tracks reach particular beats. Thanks for making such a flexible integration mechanism! You can see a record of our conversation in the issue he opened.

In case any of your other users are interested, I have documented that integration process in a new section of my user guide (unfortunately, because of all the images to be loaded, that link may not leave you in the right spot in some browsers; if that happens, start at the top and choose Chauvet ShowXpress Live (SweetLight, QuickDMX) towards the end of the Table of Contents).

If you have any suggestions or corrections to offer (including the various names under which your software is known), I would welcome such feedback.

Also, I am not sure if this was the best forum section in which to announce something like this, though it seems a decent one. Please let me know if there is a better place, and I can move the discussion there.
DeepSymmetry

Re: Integrating with Pioneer CDJs

Postby support » 19 March 2017, 18:43

Thank you for this.
We moved your post in section "Live - Buttons".
We think this is the best place for it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Integrating with Pioneer CDJs

Postby DeepSymmetry » 19 March 2017, 18:55

Perfect, thank you for moving it.

This also helped me see your pinned post with the TCP protocol documentation, so I will add a link to that in my own user guide, to help people learn about other things that can be achieved through integration.
DeepSymmetry

Return to Live - Buttons