Generator Scenes Chase/Random not working [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Generator Scenes Chase/Random not working [fixed]

Postby Leon3db » 14 March 2017, 02:55

ShowXpress V8.2.10
I have the latest version of showxpress. When I create generator scenes and click on chase or random in live mode, it does not switch scenes. It's as if it doesn't know when the end is. My generator scenes are only a couple seconds long. Also "pause at the end" is greyed out. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or its a software bug. Please let me know what I can do to chase random my generator scenes.

My step scenes work great. When I select Chase or Random in live mode, it goes through all my step scenes. Only my generator scenes don't work in chase or random.
So My work around after creating a generator scene I like, is to save it as a step scene in Standalone mode. Then open it as a step scene in live mode. Click chase/random, and no issues. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or this is software bug.

Leon
Leon3db

Re: Live Generator Scenes Chase/Random not working

Postby support » 14 March 2017, 10:10

Unlike a Steps scene, a Generator scene has no end.
This is why "pause at end" is not available with Generator scenes.
In order to allow the chase, you have to fix a duration for the "Generator scene" button.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Generator Scenes Chase/Random not working [fixed]

Postby Leon3db » 17 March 2017, 14:13

Hi support,
Thats a good work around. However, I shouldn't have to set a button duration to get the chase/random to work. I think this is a software glitch. My generator scenes already have a duration spec set when I created the scene. For example, some generator scenes are 3 seconds long, while others may be 40 seconds long. And I should be able to click chase/random to make it switch at the end of each scene. Or I should be able to make it "pause at the end" when its at the end of the scene. Do you agree?
Basically it should work exactly as a step scene. Cause all my step scenes work perfectly without any issues.
Leon3db

Re: Generator Scenes Chase/Random not working [fixed]

Postby support » 17 March 2017, 15:35

This is not a workaround.
Again, a Generator scene has no end.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons