*Feature Request* - Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing Buttons

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

*Feature Request* - Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing Buttons

Postby ryvanz » 28 February 2017, 16:00

Heya!

First of all, excellent work on Version 8 so far. A while back, I requested multi-device support for midi control, and you nailed it out of the park with 10 whole midi devices! Great job!

One of the biggest inefficiencies I've found with the software right now is editing the functions that each live button has. I trigger everything with automated midi from a sequencer, so I have a lot of buttons, and every single one of them requires midi control, as well as other edits.

Currently, in order to make these edits, I have to right click each button, scroll down to my selection, and then click the selection. I would really like to have keyboard shortcuts that allow me to make the selection before I even click the button.

Here's a comparison of existing vs. proposed workflow:

Existing:
1. Right Click button.
2. Scroll down to selection
3. Click Selection.

Proposed:
1. Use single key keyboard shortcut to make selection.
2. Click Button to make edit.

3. (Optional) - Continue to edit other buttons, with same edit selection (without having to use keyboard shortcut again for same edit selection/different buttons)

Although the number of steps only diminishes by 1, the efficiency in workflow increases a great deal. I'd be hugely appreciative if you include this in the next update.

[image]

Thanks in advance!
Ryan
ryvanz

Re: *Feature Request* - Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing Butto

Postby support » 01 March 2017, 08:11

Yes, it would be effectively nice to improve the comfort for programming the buttons "Edits". We understand how long it should be when there is a lot of buttons.
We are presently 100% busy working on the comfort for using, so we are not able to work on this in a near future.
But this is noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: *Feature Request* - Keyboard Shortcuts for Editing Butto

Postby Niffo » 01 March 2017, 18:30

@ryvanz : FYI, it is now not needed to close the "Move Button" window to click another button and move it. The same for the "Button Color" window where you even can do multi-selection.
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons