Movers question anyone

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Movers question anyone

Postby thorehl » 16 December 2016, 21:27

I've created a Palette home for my movers straight down, but how do you guys get them into postition when using buttons before turning them ON?
I'd like to have my movers do a figure 8, lets say into audience, but want the heads pointing out before turning the dimmer ON. Not flooding the stage with beam light on it's way to Generator Step 1, before starting the figure 8.

What i'd like todo in steps (& buttons) is:

Step #1 Postition heads X/Y, dimmer off, ready iris, gobo, focus, zoom ...
Step #2 ..
Step #3 ..
Step #4 ..
Step #5 ..
Step #6 Loopback to 2

As this isn't possible, what's your workaround?
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Re: Movers question anyone

Postby Bob_be » 16 December 2016, 22:15

Create a scene with the mover doing your figure 8 pattern but before you save it disable your dimmer channel and shutter channel.

Create a new scene using your color channel(s) to create a single color scene. Create a new scene for each color you would like. Have your shutter open and Dimmer up for each scene. Faders set to snap. If you have gobos you can do the same thing, with just the gobos-no dimmer, shutter or color.

In the Live tab create a button for your movement, each color and gobo (if any).

When you want to play the scene, start with your figure 8 button, this will start you movers moving, with no light coming out. Give it a second or 2 for it to get into position. Then pick the color button you want through at your audience by clicking the color button. If you have gobo's you want to use, I suggest pressing that button first before the color button. When you want to change colors, click on another color (don't deactivate your first button). The last button pressed will override the previous button, (both will be engaged). If you click your 2nd color button off, the 1st button will take backover.

The best way to grasp this is to think of the movement, color & gobo's as layers. You first want to lay down your movement layer (but nobody will be able to see it), then your gobo layer (again nobody will see it) then finally your color/light layer. This will expose your previous layers.

I hope this helps.

Bob
Bob_be

Postby thorehl » 17 December 2016, 18:18

Great idea.
It's actually what i have now, but yesterday I couldn't grasp how to do it all with 1 macro button.
I still don't know. I've tried with chase play/pause at end on a Page, but it's hard to switch scene/chase off when the chase is activated with one macro and pauses on another.
Was hoping i could just map 1 midi button to kick everything of, but looks like i need 2. One for turning it on, and one for stopping it.

Hold on, maybe a timeline scene can fix this. Does timelines respond to pause at end, yet the step/generator chase continues?
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby Bob_be » 17 December 2016, 22:53

You could create a single step scene where the fixtures position in relative close position to all your start movement scenes. At the beginning of your gig/event, enable the button and leave it on. This will put your fixtures in the ready position. When you trigger your movements scenes, the fixture will only have a short distance to travel. When you release the movement scenes, your fixtures will go back to the ready position.

Step #1 Postition heads X/Y, dimmer off, ready iris, gobo, focus, zoom ...
Step #2 ..
Step #3 ..
Step #4 ..
Step #5 ..
Step #6 Loopback to 2

Or use this method but create a long scene repeating steps 2 thru 6 (use Insert to save time).

Hope this helps.

Bob
Bob_be

Return to Live - Buttons