V8 - changing generated scenes by native Generator scenes

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

V8 - changing generated scenes by native Generator scenes

Postby Pink LD » 14 May 2016, 04:59

Support,
I see that now Generator .gpj files can now be played directly instead of from the scenes/generator .sce files, that is all well and good. However you suggest that we go to anywhere we use Generator scenes in V7 we go and replace them in Live by importing the .gpj files. Huh?

That is nuts! I have so many generator files now, and linked many times to multiple Macro buttons, that it would be quite an undertaking to import all those files side by side with the old generator scenes, and then go through the entire show and actually manually up date each and every macro to calls the generator files to the new .gpj generator button.

I don't expect you will have a import programme yet for going from V7 to V8 yet, but it would be a lot easier if I could just right click the generator scene buttons I have now and change the file of the button to the .gpj file.

Thanks
Last edited by Pink LD on 31 October 2016, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.
Pink LD

Re: V8.1.00 Generator Scenes

Postby support » 17 May 2016, 16:33

Sorry but, for technical reasons, it is not possible to change with another type of scene.
In fact, for big V7 lightshows like yours, you can simply keep the existing Steps scenes in Live > Buttons.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 17 May 2016, 16:56

ok. I will just have to go thru the whole show and update it all manually. Shame that, really as I used Generator scenes so that I could just update shape/size etc ti each venue and/or to accommodate different hang positions.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 18 May 2016, 02:07

So I went thru the Live.ini file to see what was going on and concluded that a fix is not that hard.

1. I rename the old Generator button I am using in Live. In this case I just put a capital G in front of the name.

2. I import the .gpj Generator scene on the same Live page of the one I renamed.

3. Since the newly imported scene is on the same Live page and has the same name as the old .sce Generator scene, all Macros calling the old .sce Generator are defaulting to the the new .gpj Generator button.

So it is not to hard to go thru show and "update", even in as large a shows as I run I don't see this taking more than a half hour to fix.

I consider this matter "fixed" and closed.

Thanks Support.
Pink LD

Re: V8 - changing generated scenes by native Generator scene

Postby Pink LD » 22 April 2017, 15:12

Ultimately I just put the .gpj files into the Live pages that old V7 generated scenes were in and saved it. Then I closed the show and went into the Live.ini file and edited the .gpj scenes into the buttons that were the old generated scenes and it worked fine. A little technical but it got the job done in a reasonable amount of time.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons