Fade option does not work [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Fade option does not work [fixed]

Postby pogjack » 21 April 2016, 18:43

Am I missing something here. I just downloaded the 7.1.80 showxpress version on my Windows 2010. I made an easy green led up scene and added the Fade Up and Fade Down option on the button on Live. I made sure the Settings had my desired speed, but it's not working.
I even opened the DMX graph and watched it. Its not working, the DMX channel just full on, full off, there is no fading.

Like I said, I just downloaded that version so no changes on this program.

Thanks,
pogjack

Re: Fade option on Live Button

Postby pogjack » 21 April 2016, 18:50

Ok, just thought of something and I found out the problem. I kept this for others who may have a problem.

If you don't have a fixture assigned to that channel, then the Fade In/ Fade Out Live option doesn't work. Even if you set a scene for it, I'm assuming the program doesn't know what channel to dim (makes sense).

Thanks
pogjack

Re: Fade option on Live Button

Postby Niffo » 21 April 2016, 19:49

It's exactly the case.

FYI : The dimmed channels are : dimmer;white;amber;red;green;blue;cyan;magenta;yellow;uv;par_can;par_can_blue;par_can_cyan;par_can_green;par_can_orange;par_can_pink;par_can_red;par_can_yellow
FYI #2 : V8 does not allow "not assigned channels".
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: Fade option does not work [fixed]

Postby pogjack » 26 May 2016, 18:16

Hmmm. I do like the unassigned channels because I've ran into a light that I couldn't figure out the brand and needed to move the faders to determine how to make it work.
pogjack

Return to Live - Buttons