Channel is not in Master Fader setup list [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Channel is not in Master Fader setup list [fixed]

Postby Hobson » 05 April 2016, 15:16

I have three 4-Bars (and some other fixtures) which I control with ShowXpress, two of which are my main fixtures to front light a six man band. I like to be able to highlight the lead singer (which changes from song to song), and did not like the constraints of the standard fixture patch because I wanted to be able to create groups which controlled selected individual lights on the bars. So I created a "fixture" with three DMX channels: Program, Dimmer and Strobe. I patched that "fixture" to Channel 1. Next I patched four Red/Green/Blue fixtures. This gave me control of all 15 channels of the first 4-Bar. Then I did the same for channel 16 and 31, thereby being able to separately control each 4-bar. Then I created an extensive set of scenes and buttons (which I control with MIDI triggers).

THEN, to my horror, I discovered that my self created "fixtures" do not show up in the list to be checked in the Master Fader edit menu. The master fader works on all my lights except my main ones, the three 4-bars. Is there anything I can do to get ShowXpress to include my "fixtures" in the Master Fader list?
Hobson

Re: "Fixture" doesn't appear in Master Fader setup list

Postby Niffo » 05 April 2016, 15:26

The only channels appearing in the master fader list are these ones :
dimmer;white;amber;red;green;blue;cyan;magenta;yellow;uv;par_can;par_can_blue;par_can_cyan;par_can_green;par_can_orange;par_can_pink;par_can_red;par_can_yellow.

It seems you have to change the names of your channels to match this list.
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: "Fixture" doesn't appear in Master Fader setup list

Postby Hobson » 05 April 2016, 17:47

Thanks much.

I edited the "light" channel name of the fixture to "dimmer." It now shows up in the Master Fader list!
Hobson

Return to Live - Buttons