Upgrade of Master Faders on the Live screen

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Upgrade of Master Faders on the Live screen

Postby Detour DJ » 21 March 2016, 01:23

I don't use the Master Fader(s) to the lower-right of the Live screen much, but with a little code change, I would use it a lot. Instead of controlling just "dimmable" channels, it would be very handy to let the faders control ANY channels. I know the original intention was for a simple master fader for brightness levels. But using those faders for tilt on a bank of movers would be really useful for live control of the beams' up/down angle. Maybe letting a single fader control the color macro channel on a bank of fixtures that have that feature for quick, manual color changes? Honestly, I'm considering buying a small MIDI fader pack to do just what I've described, but I would much rather simplify my setup and have that feature built into the program itself.

One thing: I think now, the faders override whatever channels they are mapped to and set an upper limit. If used for non-dimmer channels, the faders would need to be treated like a Live button, allowing equal priority between the fader and any buttons. By this, I mean moving the fader would override any buttons controlling the assigned channels, but then pressing any buttons for those channels would override the fader.

Thoughts?
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Return to Live - Buttons