Triggering buttons with external keystroke messages

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Triggering buttons with external keystroke messages

Postby socalmagic » 08 March 2016, 22:34

I control ShowXpress with a 3rd party software. Basically, I just use the 3rd party software to send keystrokes to ShowXpress. It's worked great for years with the previous versions, however with the new integrated interface, it now only works on the first keystroke. I've figured out why. It's because the name of the program changes in Application window of Windows Task manager. It used to be just called Live, however now it says ShowXpress - FNIS - Live. When I play a timeline, it then changes the application name to ShowXpress - FNIS - Live - Firecage.tml. When the timeline is done playing, it doesn't revert back to the original Application name, which means I no longer have the ability to send a keystroke to ShowXpress. Is it possible to make the Application name stay the same no matter which timeline is playing? Otherwise, it is impossible to use any 3rd party software to send a keystroke to ShowXpress.
socalmagic

Re: Triggering scenes with keystroke

Postby support » 09 March 2016, 08:51

In V6, each window was an application, so it was possible to call the window for Live "Live".
In V7, there is only one application, this is why the name contains all infos "software/lightshow/window/project".

The official way to drive Live is via Ethernet messages.
Please read this post: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=4183
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby socalmagic » 09 March 2016, 22:44

Unfortunately, the 3rd party software doesn't allow communication via ethernet. I will have to just use version 6. I have ver 6.34. Was that the last released version of 6?
socalmagic

Postby support » 10 March 2016, 08:30

Yes, 6.34 was the last released version of V6.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons