Macros Forgetting Scenes [Solved]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Macros Forgetting Scenes [Solved]

Postby Pink LD » 27 February 2016, 17:22

Support:
For the last year or so I have noticed circumstances when updating a show that when I go back to first pages I updated that they have lost or forgot some of the scenes in the Macro. This has happened across multiple versions of V7. As you know I run large multiple universe shows and what it seems like to me is that there is a finite number of Macros with scenes you can have. Like once I get to say 500 Macros with 1000 scenes used that once I update the 501st Macro with a few scenes, Macro 1 starts forgetting scenes so that I don't cross some finite threshold that I am not quite sure what it is.
NOTE: All numbers I used are arbitrary and used for example. I am not sure completely what is going on. I just know that I update Live pages names with the latest date as I review them and the most recent pages updated tend to affect the older updated pages. I tend to also update from top to bottom, Page 1 first thru say Page 50.

Finally, I have another show that is functionally just as big in nearly every way except the number of scenes used in my Macros are considerably less as it is a single universe small rig, and I have not yet seen this problem appear in this show. This is one of the reasons I think I have hit some finite limitation in the show giving me problems.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Pink LD on 02 March 2016, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Pink LD

Re: Macros Forgetting Scenes

Postby support » 01 March 2016, 22:08

After checking the code, we confirm the nb of Macro buttons, as well as the nb of buttons in a Macro, are both stored in endless lists.
So there is no limitation for this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 01 March 2016, 23:08

That is what I thought, we have discussed this problem for me in the past. And yet I am still having problems with it. Are the number of Live pages infinite as well, or is there a limit to those. I know years ago I reauested that be upped, but at that time I think it was increased to 100. But in the last year or so I have been running about 110-115 pages.
Pink LD

Postby support » 02 March 2016, 21:46

There is no limitation for this in V8.
We will not change V7 regarding this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 02 March 2016, 22:02

Ok. When V8 isstable I will fully migrate my show over to it.

For now I split my show into 2 parts. And then doing my own updates between the shows by cutting pasting Live.ini pages, and copying new/updated scenes between the 2 shows. It's a little intensive but thus far has been a good working solution.

Thanks.
Pink LD

Re: Macros Forgetting Scenes [Solved]

Postby Pink LD » 10 March 2016, 09:53

It seems that the problem of losing Macros was from an earlier version of V7. In V7.1.80 I have seen almost no evidence of Macros forgetting scenes. And what I have seen that might be a problem is almost unnoticeable, and since I originally noticed it about a year ago I have since added a 3rd universe of movers, trimmed my Live pages to under 120, but the number of Macros and the number of buttons scenes they call seems very stable. Thanks!
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons