Solo groups

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Solo groups

Postby Detour DJ » 16 February 2016, 21:55

I'm trying the new V8 and I like what I'm seeing. I've previously requested "solo groups" for certain buttons and not limited to whole pages. It looks like that feature is beginning to show, but I have a question: Is the little "1" in a square designating a solo group a small step toward having multiple unrelated solo groups? Perhaps in the future, we'll have a "2", "3" and more in little squares? If this is where you're going, I applaud you VERY LOUDLY! I know you probably don't like to discuss new features until you're ready to unveil them, but this would be a massive feature, in my opinion. Thanks for all your hard work!

Larz
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Re: Solo groups

Postby support » 17 February 2016, 08:31

Sorry but we changed a few icons only for cosmetic reasons.
We presently do not plan to make multi "solo buttons" sections within a page.

Please note that Live V8 can have now up to 10 tabs / external windows, so there is up to 80 possible pages with "solo buttons" option (it was 24 before).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Detour DJ » 17 February 2016, 09:33

Too bad...I mean, you're THERE. You've got the feature running in V8, albeit as just a single solo group. You just need to implement some way to designate separate groups within a single page. Just as each tab can have 8 pages and each page can be a solo page, that's 8 separate solo groups right there. Now, certain buttons within a page can solo without the whole page being assigned to solo, so your fingertips are almost touching the brass ring. Just...a...little...farther...

And if I can say so myself, I think the idea of having a "2", "3", and more up to 9 or 0 in the little boxes would be an excellent way to show their solo grouping. I know...you "presently do not plan to make multi "solo buttons" sections within a page." But in my humble and appreciative opinion, multi solo buttons within a page are FAR more usable than more tabs and pages, especially when you just want to solo 3 or 4 buttons per group. Thanks again for all you do making ShowX an excellent product!
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
Detour DJ

Postby Detour DJ » 17 February 2016, 09:51

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. The page 2nd from the right on the lower row is what I use to control the brightness of various lights. 7 fixture groups with on, dim, and off each. There's no sense in taking up 7 pages for this, but 7 solo groups within that page solves the issue of assigning only one button from each group of three to be selected at any given time. Note other whole pages are soloed, but the Brightness page would benefit greatly from multiple solo groups. Thanks again...

Screenshot 2016-02-17 04.37.12.png
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
Detour DJ

Postby support » 17 February 2016, 10:15

Thank you for your clear explaination with the screenshot.
Your requirement makes sense.
We are presently 100% busy with a big new improvement for V8.
We do not know now if we could bring a solution, but be sure that we keep your comment in our mind, and we will later (after the new improvement is done) internally talk about it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons