"All Buttons Off" Midi triggered Macro

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

"All Buttons Off" Midi triggered Macro

Postby kcsoundman » 25 January 2016, 21:28

I need to create a Midi triggered Macro Button that turns all buttons off. I know the Keyboard command combination Ctrl + Shift + <Key> accomplishes turning off all the buttons...but I need this function to be accomplished with a Macro that is triggered by Midi. Anybody with suggestions appreciated.
kcsoundman

Re: "All Buttons Off" Midi triggered Macro

Postby support » 25 January 2016, 21:36

Sorry, but this is not presently not possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Earl Harvey » 26 January 2016, 13:04

I have used several "blank" Macros to "Blackout"
I'll put one on each page that in in solo mode and assign them all to the same MIDI button...
A flash button wont work....
Earl Harvey

Postby kcsoundman » 26 January 2016, 15:29

Thanks for that reply. I trigger each of my scenes with a unique Midi Note On command that I assign to each scene button and issue these commands from another program. This is working fine. After turning on several scenes I then need to issue a Blackout All (or Release/Reset All scenes) command. So far I cannot do this because a Macro button is only able to record the ON state of a scene...not the OFF state which would effectively turn off all running scenes. I can set up a Macro that has all scenes in ON state and toggle the Macro button on/off which accomplishes what I want but flashes all my lights briefly. Not truly the correct way to do this but is the only way I have found to Release all of the active scene buttons.
Can you explain what you mean by "blank" Macro? And putting my scenes page in solo mode won't work for me..I need to have multiple scenes running simultaneously. Any advice?
kcsoundman

Postby lse » 27 January 2016, 05:08

Can there be a settings page like there is for master faders and tap temp. Midi for hot keys in the software. Everything should be able to be midi assignable so we setup midi controller and run everything
lse

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 January 2016, 06:07

Update a Macro with no buttons on...
Earl Harvey

Postby kcsoundman » 28 January 2016, 17:24

Update Macro button with no buttons on does not work...tried that first. Does nothing. Leaves all buttons that are on still on... Thanks for reply...Any other suggestions?
kcsoundman

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 January 2016, 21:56

Are your Macros on their own page? or are they combined with buttons on the same page?
Earl Harvey

Postby kcsoundman » 29 January 2016, 09:48

Macro button is on the same page as all my scene buttons that need to be released.
kcsoundman

Postby Earl Harvey » 29 January 2016, 13:38

Ive found that putting macros on their own page with the page in solo mode makes a big difference,
if more than one macro needs to be triggered create a second page... this is particularly useful when using a MIDI controller
Earl Harvey

Next

Return to Live - Buttons