[request] more than one "solo buttons" section within pages

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

[request] more than one "solo buttons" section within pages

Postby Detour DJ » 04 January 2016, 17:26

I've mentioned this before, and I hope it's being considered for application. Solo Groups. Instead of just having solo "pages" where all buttons within that page solo, how about some way of soloing just a select group of buttons within a page? This is not a Macro. I understand how those work and use them extensively. What I'm describing is a select set of buttons grouped so that only one can be on at a time. Currently, this can only be done per page, but that's often not an efficient use of a solo function.

For example, I use one page to control the separate brightness of several different fixtures. For each fixture group, I have buttons for On, Dim (fader button), and Off. I'd like those 3 buttons to solo, but I don't want to waste a whole solo page just for 3 buttons. If there was a way to "Solo Group" just those 3 buttons, it would very useful as the buttons within that group would self-cancel when another button in the group is chosen. Maybe a menu option that allows one of 10 solo groups to be chosen, then a corresponding small indication of the chosen group showing on the buttons (maybe a small 0,1,2,...,8, or 9 in one of the button's corners). This way, solo can be used more across the screen and WAY more efficiently.
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Re: Solo Groups

Postby support » 05 January 2016, 14:52

This would add a lot of complexity, just to save some screen space.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [request] more than one "solo buttons" section within pa

Postby bones2020 » 05 January 2016, 16:31

This is a good idea I would second it, but not to just safe screen space.
Having the ability to have some buttons in a page to turn others off and others to stay on and just be normal.

Another idea I have had for something like this is for macro buttons.
Have an option to make a macro button turn off all other selected buttons.
So sort of like a Special Solo Button only it works across the whole of live and not just the macro page.
bones2020

Postby Detour DJ » 05 January 2016, 18:16

I don't agree that it would add complexity just to save screen space. This feature isn't intended to save screen space, but to make the buttons far more useful and efficient. The current design of ShowX is brilliant, but still has serious limitations for creative users with even modest lighting rigs. I've just upgraded my rig to (7) movers, (6) individual LED pars, (4) quad LED par bars, (2) LED wash/blinders, and (2) lasers. It's large by some standards and tiny by others. I try to design my ShowX with both overall scenes and on-the-fly custom capabilities to keep things interesting. Often, I find I choose a button to do one action, then another to do something else to the same fixtures and need to go back to turn the first button off so it will be ready to be used again. It would be handy to have just those buttons grouped so that they turn off automatically, which is more efficient.

For example, I have one button that aims all my movers at the bass player on the left, then another button that aims the movers to the guitar player on the right. In a certain song, they both sing on one mike, then the other, back and forth several times. Each time they switch mikes, I shoot all the movers there. At the same time, I turn off the previous button so it's ready for the next change. Having just certain buttons solo among their subgroup would be very handy.
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Postby Lighter007 » 06 March 2016, 13:27

I also thought about this but came to no real solution how to link some buttons on a page for solo-trigger. There need to be some kind of groups (independent from the pages?) and the buttons which are in a group are triggered in solo-mode.
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby Earl Harvey » 06 March 2016, 15:38

Multiple Group "muting" would be nice w/some toggle on/offs in the Master section...
as for me multipages of Macros in Solo work well also if using a row or group of buttons on a MIDI controller
Earl Harvey

Postby mikepmr » 14 April 2016, 17:53

I had the same idea as well. it's not just saving sceen space, but you have to layout the entire live board according to how you want solo buttons to work, rather than making it look like your controller, for example.
mikepmr

Return to Live - Buttons