UV channel on Chauvet ColorDASH Par Hex 12 not fading

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

UV channel on Chauvet ColorDASH Par Hex 12 not fading

Postby soundhousenyc » 20 December 2015, 18:53

I have created a series of fader buttons for Red, Green, Blue, Amber, White, and UV for my Chauvet ColorDASH Par Hex 12 fixtures.

I have one button created that turns the dimmer all the way on. I turn the master dimmer on by pushing this button, and then my intention is to have fader buttons for all the colors allowing me to do color mixing. I also have Fade In and Fade Out turned on for all these fader buttons, so it fades to the value set on the fader button, if I don't want manual color mixing I can just leave the faders all at 100 and click between for color fades.

For the fader buttons, I created step scenes with 2 steps, first step value 0 with the color in question, second step with value 255. The curve is set to step value under the fader on both steps. All of the faders on the buttons work perfectly.

HOWEVER, for the last color I attempted, UV, I can't get fade in and fade out to work at all on the button. Fading works fine with the slider on the button, but the fade in and out functionality for the button doesn't work, the light just snaps on and off... the strange thing is that the light snaps off AFTER the fade time I've set in the settings of the live page. I've tried to create a new scene with the same settings and re-load the button but there was no change in the behavior.

Please let me know how I can correct this, it bothers me that this button won't seem to behave like the others when everything appears to be set up exactly the same.

Thanks!
soundhousenyc

Re: UV channel on Chauvet ColorDASH Par Hex 12 not fading

Postby thorehl » 21 December 2015, 00:49

Hi and welcome to the forum soundhousenyc.
I know they did some work on this issue in v7.1.63 that also created new bugs that they addressed in v 7.1.74
If updating the software doesn't fix it, you could always change the fixtures channel to a "blue" color in Editor > Fixtures as a workaround for the time being.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby soundhousenyc » 21 December 2015, 18:51

Thanks for the reply, I'm using version 8.0.45.

I see where I can change the names of the channels in the "edit fixture" window... but other than the name, this channel (#7) looks identical to the rest of the color channels. Do you think that simply re-naming the channel to something other than UV might help? Not sure if thats what you were suggesting.
soundhousenyc

Postby support » 22 December 2015, 19:02

UV works like red/green/blue here.
We are not able to reproduce your problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons