How to change button durations in chase play ? [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

How to change button durations in chase play ? [fixed]

Postby bones2020 » 03 December 2015, 22:43

Here's an Problem and also an idea I have.....

I layer my buttons, so I have a page for my colours for lights x and I have a page for all my movements with speed sliders for lights x

When I'm playing a gig on my own I want to run my buttons in Random &/or Chase play.
Most of my buttons are just 2 steps lasting 1 second each for both movements and colours.

When I activate Random or Chase play it only stays on each button for the length of time that its been programmed to in steps i.e 2 seconds, the it changes to the next button.
So basically it changes buttons after every 2 seconds and goes round the buttons fast.
I don't want it to do this as fast as that.
When I Activate Random or Chase play, I would like it to stay on a button for say 1.30 or 2.00 or 3.00 or what ever length of time I would like it to last before it changes buttons.

So my idea is this, if it is possible...
In Live Settings at the bottom where it says fade in/fade out time and you can set the time for when you make a button fade in/out
Have that same setting for Random/Chase Play so that we can set the time that we would like the Random/Chase play to operate before it changes from button to button

p.s also still need more of those Button Tabs..... See Here > viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3986

Many Thanks
Steve
bones2020

Re: Random/Chase Play

Postby support » 04 December 2015, 07:52

In the popup menu "Scene properties" of the button, you can set the number of loops.

FYI, in V8, you can also adjust the duration.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: How to change button durations in chase play ? [fixed]

Postby bones2020 » 06 December 2015, 15:52

Yeah I see that and that works fine for when you are using Random/Chase play.

But when you turn Random/Chase play off all those buttons that you have just made loop only play for the time that you have made them loop then go off.

There needs to be a dedicated setting for the length that Random/Chase play lasts when you activate it.

When I pick Random/Chase Play and have the buttons to loop for 4 loops it loops around each button for the length of time of the 4 loops, but, when I then turn Random/Chase play off so I can control the lights manually and click on the buttons it only loops for the length of time of the loop then lights go off or stop moving depending on the button I've pressed.

Will the setting in V8 set the time for Random/Chase play and work only when Random/Chase play is activated.... and then deactivate when Random/Chase play is off.

Many Thanks
Steve
bones2020

Postby support » 07 December 2015, 08:46

This is effectively not possible to do that in V7.
We suggest you to make two similar pages: one with option "Chase" and one without it.

This is presently also not possible to do in V8, with the new parameter "duration". We will check the possibility to change that accordingly.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby bones2020 » 16 December 2015, 16:01

Ok That's Great

It would also be handy if the setting was linked to the pages in Live and not the over all setting of Live. If Possible

So that...

We could have, say.... page for lights x, buttons run for 2.00 mins before changing when Random/Chase play is turned on

and then have on another page for lights z, were the setting is different and the buttons run for 3.00 mins before changing when Random/Chase play is turned on.

So basically the setting is in each page /new page we make and not for the over all use of Live it self, meaning we could have different setting for each page in Live for when Random/Chase play is turned on and not have to change it everytime we want to make it longer or shorter for different lights

Many Thanks
Steve
bones2020

Return to Live - Buttons