Buttons Losing Filepsth II

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Buttons Losing Filepsth II

Postby Pink LD » 15 October 2015, 14:31

Support,
I am using V7.1.63, with Win 8.1 Home 32bit on one machine and 64 bit on all other machines.

Over on FB I queried some felliw users of the software for feedback on the issue of finding scene buttons in our shows that have lost their filepath. The engage, they are still remembered by Macros, but they just don't know what to do.

The current only solution we have with this problem is to right click the button and change file to the file it is supposed to be.

Now I have a fairly large show, with long filepaths, so I am quick to suspect 100+ Live Pages, 1,200+ files, and 147+ folders. But I am finding in my discussions that this me be an issue across all kinds of sixes of shows.

I wish I had more specific information but in my current tour run I have just enough time to temp fix, and workaround, rather than have the time to get under the hood and see what is going on.

Howevet, I never seem to get them all fixed. I can go through the entire show during setup and find and fix all the buttons not working, and the next time thru during the show I find a crop of different buttons not working. So after the show I run thru and fix all the bad buttons. Then the next day ore-show I find new different buttons not working. So I fix them as I go thru the show. And then during the show...

Yep, you guessed it. More new buttons aren't working.

I just can't figure out why. Any ideas?
Pink LD

Re: Buttons Losing Filepsth II

Postby Pink LD » 16 October 2015, 17:57

Support,

So I found another button that wasn't working. Here is what it says in the Live.ini file:
[page107_button16]
line = 3
column = 6
name = C:/Users/Ashley/TheLightingController/Lightshows/PP 9.30.15/scenes/Triggers & Shortcuts/n Crowd Flash.sce
title = n Crowd Flash
trigger_keyboard = n
flash = yes

Except that file path is wrong as I am working my show externally:
H:\PP 10.15.15\scenes\Triggers & Shortcuts\n Crowd Flash.sce

Do you know of any reason why that would be wrong?
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 16 October 2015, 18:50

I think I know what the problem is. I should have used the software's Export function to move my show files to the stick. I think I recently just copied the files to the stick through file explorer, and just copying doesn't update the filepaths. I assume that the export function does.
Pink LD

Postby Niffo » 16 October 2015, 19:51

The problem comes from the time where the directory "LightShows" was bad spelled. As the software does not recognize the file path, it stored the full absolute path thinking it was an external path. Normally, you should only have relative path in live.ini (and other files).
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 16 October 2015, 20:06

That cap S issue is an old and solved issue, and is not the reason of this post.

I think I have this new and separate issue solved bow anyhow.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons