Suggestion for Speed Slider and Midi

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Suggestion for Speed Slider and Midi

Postby waynehaffenden » 14 October 2015, 21:54

When creating a lot of generators for moving head movements, I'm currently finding myself having to duplicate each one 3 times for different speeds (slow, medium and fast) so that I can control it easily with my midi controller (APC mini). I can create a single generator and change the button to a speed slider which achieves exactly what I want and can also assign that to a midi fader, however, if you have a lot of generators like I do then you very quickly run out of faders! I've tried controlling all the generator speed sliders using a single midi fader but this doesn't work as it actives all the generators at once and in solo buttons mode it alternates between them which is not the desired outcome. Also the problem with a midi fader is it automatically activates the button rather than just setting the speed of the scene like you can do with a mouse!

I feel a speed slider should be implemented the same as a master fader where it controls the speed of ALL/ANY? speed slider buttons but DOESN'T active them, then this could be assigned to a single midi fader. This would allow you to set the desired speed of a movement/scene or whatever and then just use a midi button to separately activate the button.

It wouldn't need to be implemented exactly as I've stated but something along those lines where you're able to control the speed of scenes etc without it activating them. Interested to know what others who have more experience with SX think about this.

Wayne
waynehaffenden

Re: Suggestion for Speed Slider and Midi

Postby thorehl » 18 October 2015, 18:46

I can't agree more.
This is allready in a huge request thread as we're all sick of making 3-5 speed buttons for strobes amoung other things. Also, there is a thread about double speed and more. Now the speed selector is 1/1, 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 but all these are slower options, not faster.
Try strobing a LED light (without strobe effect) with scene steps @ 00.10 or hitting the tempo-button to 250-300 and it impacting every other scene running to swich really rapid ;)
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Live - Buttons